I AM. LIZOD.

Posted on: February 20, 2010 | Comments(8) | (L)IZOD | By: Admin

So, IndyCar has this gorgeous new thing hovering in front of it called a title sponsor. Did you see it? And are you ready to rock?!

Let me officially introduce myself.  My name is Liza and by assignment, I hang with, talk to, dream of, conspire, chauffer, corral and get coffee for everything IZOD.  Well, maybe not that last one, but from time to time I do enjoy a tall, half-caff, soy latte with a little cinnamon.

Anyway, my crazy brilliant co-workers dubbed me LIZOD. Get it? Liza + IZOD? I know. It’s like math.

So, as we charge through the 2010 race season, I’ll take you outside the track and beyond the races to show you what IZOD is doing to promote our amazing cars and stars. As we like to say, it’s a new day (or when we’re tired, it’s a new “egg”) and IZOD IndyCar is ready to rumble! From Super Bowl-themed cars to pit stop challenges in the middle of city streets, we want to get some attention for this marvelous sport.

I’ll bring you pictures, videos and musings from the runway to the yard of bricks. And if you’re the betting sort, I’m willing to wager I’ll fall off of one and trip on the other. While we spread the good word of IZOD IndyCar, we’ll need your help along the way. Follow us on Twitter @IndyCarNation and share our stories from Facebook. Lots of fun behind-the-scenes stuff coming your way…so click on that the little orange box with the dot and two white half-circles (that would be an RSS feed, people) and stay in touch with little ole me.

Comments

1. David Kovach on March 1, 2010 7:24 pm
    David Kovach

Thank you Lizod. Great to meet you! And this is exciting! Of course it is exciting! We go through constant changes and turn-overs in the world of Indycar/Open-Wheel/Champ Cars so much… I think we as devoted fans are now just addicted to getting our next fix of a new blast of attention from anyone (pretty or not) for a short while and with that comes new hope and sometimes a huge payoff in terms of excitement… Sometimes. And, though, I like Gene Simmons, GENERALLY, that was a bit of a “Debbie Downer” time period – one my father still complains about:

My Father: “Is that Gene Simmons still involved??? (expletive)!!”

So, here is what IZOD gets already:

1. Individuals like me, looking for IZOD clothing, and only to be buying IZOD clothing or the various parent labels etc. for the foreseeable future, just like that, instant. You don’t have to win me over or such.

Done deal.

And all you need to do here is:

1. Look at the poll results of length of time each of us have been Indycar fans

2. Actually build from us, yet, realize youth is your future market, but you need to keep us, get some of us back

3. Fine go with a well funded underdog, Versus. Can’t be undone. I am sure Comcast will buy more of the universe, and you don’t need ESPN or SPEED. You need network access. Imagine the Indy 500 without ABC? Dead.

4. Stay with #Indycar for a decade and it will pay dividends for the next 30 years.

5. Indycar needs a mix of what CART did well, and what CHAMP CAR really did well especially given the climate and reduced cash availability, you need to get back to that. It needs high technology, it needs a just as furious an off season as in season (nbadraft is as big or bigger than the nba championship) and it needs that feeling one can only get at a race walking by hospitality, seeing the throngs of people onlooking, hoping to catch a glimpse of Paul Newman or Gene Hackman eating salad or a hotdog – I remember watching an F3000 race on a little hospitality television Pacwest racing rolled out near their bus at Mid-Ohio years ago like at 8am on a Saturday during a race weekend, I literally stood elbow to elbow with Gene Hackman at that CART race as a kid, we never forget those things. The series needs that sense of its globalness and even a certain elitest VIP’ish that reeks of high-end fashion runway modeling matched to charity events and doing good for the world all in the context of the smell of burnt oil and the sound of thunder rattling by wheel to wheel..

6. We don’t need cars that look like Speed Racer stole and modified a bunch of top fuel dragsters to his liking…

(take notes)

Welcome!

Best -

David

2. Tim on March 6, 2010 1:24 pm
    Tim

I am a long time fan of the Indy Car Series. I have been going to the Indy 500 since 92,and haven’t missed a race since 1997 when most of the race was held on Tuesday due to rain.Needless to say,it was long, quiet ride home to Memphis Tn.Now,this channel Verses has taken over most of the season television rights and most of us who would really like to watch the whole season can’t due to Comcast being idiots and not giving other dish companies a fair price to carry that channel.How fair is that,to the people who really support this league and would do almost anything,except use Dish Network(bad experience).I think that you being a representative of the main sponcer of the whole series,maybe you could help influence the decision making of those involved in making prices so high that other dish providers can’t afford to pay their astronomical prices to cover verses.Please consider this before the first race of the season next weekend!

3. Noggle's Goggles on March 9, 2010 6:13 pm
    Noggle

Are you the same Liza Markle from Pendleton, IN? If so, I may have been your social studies teacher. And if that’s the case, you know what an IndyCar fan I am. Been goin’ to the 500 since 1959 and missed only three since. Either way, I’m glad you’re onboard with us in open wheel racing, even though it may be through a sponsor.

4. Noggle's Goggles on March 9, 2010 6:16 pm
    Noggle

This crazy thing says my first message never went through. So I type another one and, suddenly, two appear !! What’s up with that?

5. Les Ovuls on March 26, 2010 12:40 am
    Les Ovuls

I wish I had your job. Enjoy. I’ve been to many races (CART and Champ Car)Laguna Seca, Portland,San Jose,Long Beach and Fontana, Las Vegas and (IRL) Sonoma. All I have to say is wait til they throw the TURBOS on,your in for real treat. Just thinking about the noise they make gives me goosebumps.

6. Dave Grimshaw on April 5, 2010 12:55 pm
    Dave Grimshaw

Just a big thank you to all you Americans, not because you help us to win all the wars,lol but because last year I came to watch the Indy 500, what a Stadium, what a race, people were brilliant so Im back again this year and cant wait. Does Lizod race, Im not sure of her story. Your cars over there are so fast, I drive a Porsche but dont think I could handle your stuff. You are the nation, thanks for making me welcome. Dave in the UK.

7. jeremiaih on May 30, 2010 6:35 pm
    jeremiaih

OH My God! what Has Happened to Indy!!!
    Why do we have to sit through a parade of hillbilly women (Ashey Judd) in stead of seeing the winning driver of the indy 500!!! COME ON!!!!!!
    Why didn’t that floozy just grab the milk and drink it her self!! Realy! Give me a break, why do you think indy is loosing so much fan base!!!!!!!!
    What has this race become just a parade of fame and fortune, where is the racing?
    INDY SUCKS!!!

A LOST FAN!!!!

8. jeremiaih on May 30, 2010 7:20 pm
    jeremiaih

Who won tho Indy 500? was it Ashley Judd?
    Please let me know!