[ADMIN NOTE: A couple of weeks ago, prior to the race in Kansas, we solicited questions from our fans on Facebook for an interview we were preparing with Indy Racing League CEO, Randy Bernard. We received around 100 questions and from those, grabbed a handful. The following video is Randy responding to your questions. Please let us know what you think, because we plan on continuing this video series throughout the season. And, feel free to add your questions as comments in this post. Enjoy.]

Comments

1. John P on May 7, 2010 10:01 am
    John P

Randy, you should be on dancing with the stars with those answers….I have not seen a better dance around than that. Not to mention you did not pick one hard question to answer not that you would have answered it right. Like if the Indy car series wants to build a bigger fan base then why race in Brazil, Japan and Austrialia when you could be racing here in Michigan or other places. Not to mention the cost of moving all that equiptment must mean that low budget teams get left behind. Get with it young man….you are not a true race fan but a suit who thinks he knows what to do…..sorry but that is how it looks to us old timers who really know Indy car racing.

2. M.Miller on May 7, 2010 10:37 am
    M.Miller

The post rich proceeds is pure rubbish:

First of all, they don’t race in Austrailia. Japan is the home of Honda (the eingine supplier), and APEX Brasil puts major bucks into the series. Futhermore, transportation to these events is covered with additional money going to the teams for expenses while there. They race in Japan and Brazil because it’s lucerative. And if you paid attention, you would realize the Sao Paula turned out to be a wonderful event.

The fact you mention they race in Austrailia shows you’re not a fan or just don’t pay attention.

3. David Zehr on May 7, 2010 12:26 pm
    David Zehr

As an IndyCar fan for 30+ years, I’m glad to hear that there is momentum on the sponsorship fronts. It’s almost a self-fulfilling prophecy really – once an active primary sponsor takes the leap (IZOD) = more exposure = more interest = more TV networks = more exposure = more sponsors…etc.

As for venues, I can say that as much as I want to see an historic track like Phoenix on the schedule, I want it only if it is the right situation (in other words, if enthusiastic support by the track and the fans exist for it). Some tracks clearly seem to have more desire and enthusiasm to promote and host IndyCar events than others. We need to be where we’re wanted while trying to maintain ties with the historic past. Ultimately, history always gives way to progress – if it didn’t, they’d still be racing on 2.5 miles of gravel dust and oil at Indy.

4. Brandon on May 8, 2010 3:04 am
    Brandon

Your a dumbass why did you have to change indy? Are you not gonna be happy until indycar is completly dead? The new qualifying system is only helping the same 2 teams win every race. You want to do something right? Do like NASCAR double line restarts with the lead lap cars on one side and everybody else on the other. Or if it is late in the race let the lead cars pass the lapped ones before the restart. and for god sake if qualifying gets rained out do it in reverse order of the points to give the weaker teams a better chance (milka would start on the pole everytime).

5. Lori Johns on May 30, 2010 8:30 pm
    Lori Johns

If you want to set the world on fire, revive the fan base and get international mainstream media attention with front page articles on the front of every major newspaper and magazine. Put me in the fastest car out there. I have an intangible quality that can’t be taught. It is a combination of Star quality, exceptional driving skill and an relentless desire to win. Given the right car and team I could beat everyone out there and the blonde me versus a dark Danica would be fabulous. People love me and I light up the camera and peoples hearts. When I started drag racing the whole sport grew tremendously. When I left, I took the majic with me. They still can’t figure out what changed. I can do it for Indy Car. Let’s get it on!

6. Kevin Burris on June 3, 2010 4:42 pm
    Kevin Burris

Dario stiffed Jim Rome on his national radio show today; way to go Indycar…what a champion; no wonder we’re in the tank; good luck Randy

7. GREG WARREN on July 10, 2011 3:30 pm
    GREG WARREN

WHY DON’T THE DRIVERS WHO HIT A CAR FROM BEHIND GET
    BLACK FLAGGED AND FINED???

8. GREG WARREN on July 10, 2011 3:40 pm
    GREG WARREN

DEAR LORI JOHNS, IT TAKES STRENGTH, ENDURANCE AND A CONSTANT CONCENTRATION FOR HOURS TO DRIVE AN INDY CAR. QUICK TRIPS TO THE DO-NUT SHOP, NO MATTER HOW FAST, DO NOT QUALIFY YOU FOR INDY RACING. START WITH A GO CART AND WORK YOUR WAY UP!

9. GREG WARREN on July 10, 2011 3:45 pm
    GREG WARREN

RANDY, RACING IN JAPAN–OK. RACING IN BRAZIL–OK.
    OGNORING ONTARIO AND AMERICAN FANS–NOT OK.
    THERE ARE 8 OR 9 OPEN WEEKENDS THIS SEASON. NO EXCUSE FOR THUMBING YOUR NOSE AT HARD CORE FANS!!!!

10. DANTE M PUCCETTI US Army RET on June 30, 2012 11:48 pm
    DANTE M PUCCETTI US Army RET

I would like to view past races i.e. video streaming, and I would pay a fee to watch the delayed computer event . NASCAR has this service, although TRACK PASS is a graphic (virtual) service and not the taped race.