Hideki, a Nintendo DS and rain day

Posted on: May 18, 2010 | Comments(7) | Drivers | By: Daniel

In a recent post, I wrote about seeing Tony Kanaan using an iPad in pitlane – very cool. After that, I started wondering about other IndyCar drivers and how they were using technology. In some ways it’s started a series, and I hope to feature more drivers and geekiness. I was pretty excited when I heard that Hideki Mutoh travels with a Nintendo DS. Video games were/are a big part of my life – Super Mario Brothers. FIFA soccer. Grand Theft Auto. Grand Turismo. DJ Hero – I’ve been playing them for years. And when I travel for races, I carry a PSP.

Hideki in the garage

A rainy day at Indy - Nintendo time

So what games does he play?

Hideki only travels with a few games, like Dragon Quest and Super Mario Kart (LOVE that game) – but those are pretty good choices. He also travel with a US & Japanese cell phone, laptop and, ooohh – he’s also got a PS3 at home for Gran Turismo. Imagine how good that would look on some of the new 3-D TV’s? Pretty good.

Before you get to the video, I thought I would pose a quick question.

What is the best racing video game of all time? Gran Turismo, Rad Racer, Super Mario Kart, ___________? Let me know.

So check out his video from the Newman/Haas garage, where he discusses video games, rain days, and what he does on a long flight to Japan.

And for our Japanese readers, here’s the video for you.

Comments

1. Sean on May 18, 2010 8:31 pm
    Sean

For best game I gotta go with Forza 3. The customization is amazing.

2. will-isitmayyet.com on May 19, 2010 8:44 am
    will-isitmayyet.com

F-Zero is the best racing game ever because it was, by a million miles, the fastest-feeling video game ever made at its time. That said, the best racing game “moment” was the intro was IndyCar Racing by Papyrus. “Hi, I’m Paul Page. From Papyrus, this is IndyCar Racing.”

3. Stephen R King on May 19, 2010 10:10 am
    Stephen R King

Have to be the sim games for PC. My pick is rFactor due to the shear number of user created tracks and car MODs. Most every track, historic and current has been modled and free to download. Just about everything on 4 wheels has been moddled and available. Its a true motorsport fan heaven. Some might say iRacing, it is extremely good, but its just too pricey for the average guy. The monthy fee and cost for each track and car is too much. Plus you can only run a single make of car in the races. As far as noncurrent, Grand Prix Legends for PC. The hardest sim to master and it started the track MOD phenomenon

4. clinician's thesaurus 4th edition the guidebook for writing psychological reports spiral-bound on July 9, 2013 11:57 am
    clinician

If some one desires to be updated with most up-to-date technologies afterward
    he must be pay a quick visit this site and be up to date all the time.

5. recomiendo visitarla on October 4, 2014 9:40 pm
    recomiendo visitarla

Estoy seguro que este post ha sido repasado por la gran partte de los
    foreros, dde internet ya que resulta un atractivo escriyo para la fabricacion de recientes websites.

Hecha un ojo y ademas navega por mi blog post:-

6. gta 5 ps3 on October 7, 2014 11:14 pm
    gta 5 ps3

Cuenta este site una seccion de contacto? Me estoy
    encontrado con sobrados problemas para encontrarla, quisiera enviarle mi email.Tengo ciertas recomendacioness para su pagina web que ciertamente este
    interesado en oir. Como sea es un excelente blog y lo
    visitare mas veces.

Comprueba y ademas visita mi webpage- gta 5 ps3

7. trucos destiny colibri on October 25, 2014 4:54 pm
    trucos destiny colibri

No estoy en sintonia ccon nada de lo que has narrado.
    No hay informacion nni da la impresion que te hayas docmentado antes dee escribir.

Revisa y puedes navega por mi web… trucos destiny colibri