New Car announcement and YOU

Posted on: July 9, 2010 | Comments(157) | Fans | By: Daniel

This upcoming Wednesday (7/14 – 12:30pm) at the Indianapolis Museum of Art in The Toby, the IZOD IndyCar Series will announce the future car strategy. It’s a huge event!

What do you have planned that day?

Future Car Strategy Announcement

We want you!

IZOD IndyCar Drivers, Team Owners, VIP’s and media will all be in the crowd.  We will be streaming live video directly to IndyCar.com. We’ll also be Tweeting, Facebook-ing, and live blogging. We want to give our fans complete access.

We’ve even reserved a select number of seats for you. Interested?

If you are, it’s easy.

Leave us a comment on this post. Tell us why you want to attend the announcement or why you love the IZOD IndyCar Series.

We’ll pick the best, most creative, witty, funny, impassioned, persuasive comments as winners. It’s that easy.

Tell your friends, have fun with this, and stay tuned. Hope to see you next Wednesday.

Fine print stuff – Please use your real name, and please list your e-mail address in the comment field (this will not be published, but will allow us to contact you).

Comments

1. Andy Skirvin on July 9, 2010 2:22 pm
    Andy Skirvin

I have not missed an event in 27 years at the speedway. I plan on making at least another 27 years so I want to be part of the future. And, IMS and IMA always put on the best events.

2. Patrick Mullins on July 9, 2010 2:25 pm
    Patrick Mullins

I would love to attend this event and report on it via Twitter and a blog post. This is a huge announcement for IndyCar and I just want to be a part of it. And what better way to complement my 25th Indy 500 in 34 years this year?

3. Lucien van der Leeuw on July 9, 2010 2:29 pm
    Lucien van der Leeuw

I am very, very curious what the future car will look like! My wife and I met at the first GP in 2000. Our son’s named Indy….fans?? Hell yes!

4. TJ Johnson on July 9, 2010 2:32 pm
    TJ Johnson

I have it on good authority that Ace & Gary will attend if the Delta Wing is chosen.

5. Scott Bowling on July 9, 2010 2:35 pm
    Scott Bowling

Life long Speedway resident, IMS and ICS history buff and have attended 22 Indy 500’s. I grew up a block from the 4th turn and my neighbors used to own Indy cars. It is in my blood and I don’t want to miss this. I would like to bring my fiance, Miranda Herron, also. Thank you!

6. Bob Sample on July 9, 2010 2:38 pm
    Bob Sample

If it were not for the 1,115 miles between Denver and Indy, I would love to be there. I hope the engines will be turbo charged again. There’s nothing in the world like the sound of a turbo charged race car.

7. Scott Bowling on July 9, 2010 2:38 pm
    Scott Bowling

I have RSVP’d and am hoping like hell to make it! I live and breathe IMS and ICS, and grew up just outside of turn 4. Went to Speedway schools, and grew up next to the Gehlhausens, who owned IndyCars in the 70’s and 80’s. Also was friends with Tony and Gary Bettenhausen. RIP, Tony Jr.

8. shawn Brewer on July 9, 2010 2:39 pm
    shawn Brewer

I would loved to attend…been an Indy car fan for 20 years

9. Todd on July 9, 2010 2:39 pm
    Todd

I noticed everything on the Photo has Four Open Wheels in the corners of the Car. Please, I pray that the last photo will also have that in common. I will be so excited to follow Indycar for years to come.

10. Bob Sample on July 9, 2010 2:40 pm
    Bob Sample

PS. I have covered the distance for 23 Indy 500’s, 2 Brickyard & the first F1 race at the IMS.

11. Gabriel on July 9, 2010 2:40 pm
    Gabriel

I can’t make it to Indy, but I just wanted to say that’s a kickass poster!

12. MM on July 9, 2010 2:42 pm
    MM

Why do I deserve to go??
    First of all I am a big IndyCar fan second it is a great excuse to get out of work for a couple hours. And my bosses are big InyCar fans, so I could rub it in their faces a little bit.

13. Nathaniel Massy on July 9, 2010 2:44 pm
    Nathaniel Massy

As a passionate fan of the Indy 500 and Izod IndyCar Series, I feel that this could be one of the most historic days in open wheeled racing. This announcement will determine the future of the Izod IndyCar Series and the Indianapolis 500 and I would be honored to be part of such a monumental event. As a relatively young fan at age 16, I have fallen in love the blazing fast speeds, fierce competition, exhilarating atmosphere, and rich history of the Indianapolis 500 and the Izod IndyCar Series. I love the fact that this has turned into one of the most fan friendly sports around by offering numerous oppurtunities to meet the drivers and take part in events like this. I would hate to miss such an excellent opportunity to be a part of the series’ history by attending this event.

14. Jacob Krouse on July 9, 2010 2:45 pm
    Jacob Krouse

Because I want to be there to personally beg the series NOT to choose the Delta Wing because it looks like a cross between the Batmobile and a motor-trike.

15. Nathaniel Massy on July 9, 2010 2:48 pm
    Nathaniel Massy

P.S. I would like to bring my father Richard who is a lifelong Indy 500 fan and is the man who introduced me to the 500.

16. Matt on July 9, 2010 2:54 pm
    Matt

I have been waiting for this day for a very long time. The most important item since the merger to me was the new chassis choice and the return of the turbo-charged engine. I’ve enjoy IndyCar because of the speed and the versatility of the schedule, when I get tired of ovals, there are road/street courses and vice versa. I very much hope to be able to attend!

17. Eric Wasson on July 9, 2010 2:59 pm
    Eric Wasson

I would love to be in attendance at the event. I am a 22 year Indy 500 attendee and am always talking to people around me about the Worlds Greatest Racecourse. Indycar engines are my ringtone. I moved to Indy from Cincinnati for one reason: to shorten my raceday commute and be able to enjoy more action at the happiest place on Earth…the Indianapolis Motor Speedway! I WANT TO BE A PART OF HISTORY…and the FUTURE!

18. MM on July 9, 2010 3:07 pm
    MM

ow shiz, that fine print got me again. (FYI Always read the fine print when ordering a Russian bride)
    my real name is mark mahin.

19. Sean on July 9, 2010 3:08 pm
    Sean

I love the IZOD IndyCar Series because racing has been my family’s passion for decades. IndyCar is by far the most exciting form of motorsport in America, and this announcement will shape the series for many years to come. I am extremely excited to see which plan the ICONIC committee has decided will be the most beneficial for IndyCar.

20. Bryan on July 9, 2010 3:11 pm
    Bryan

My father should attend. This last Indy 500 was his 47th straight, he is 52. In 1965, his father and he had pit passes, and my dad (6 years old), wearing his karting attire, was lifted by Jim Clark himself and placed in the cockpit of the Lotus right before the race started. In 1989, he left for Indy while my mother was in labor with my younger brother…..she gave birth around lap 70. They almost divorced over it. He says he wants to have his ashes spread over IMS. He is the most deserving person I know!

21. Lori Doran on July 9, 2010 3:11 pm
    Lori Doran

I am a teacher at Speedway Junior High School. I am passionate about Indy Car Racing, and I wanted to share that passion within my classroom. So, during the month of May, my 7th grade students completed a unit on the math connections in racing. We were pleased to have a representative from Marian University’s Motorsports program and also an intern from the IMS speak to us about the financial aspect of what it takes to run a race team. From her presentation, my students learned about the different types of chassis that were being analyzed as potential candidates for the new car design. I would love to be apart of the historical event and be able to share this information with my upcoming 7th graders when we do the racing in math unit again!

22. Teri Raney on July 9, 2010 3:12 pm
    Teri Raney

For the last 35 years just about every decision I’ve made has revolved around Indy car racing. Every vacation day was used on a race weekend. All financial decisions were made so I’d have enough money for the next race. I’ve watched the old change into the new without missing a beat. So excited that the turbos are making a comeback. I’d love to be at Indianapolis Museum of Art and show my support of the IZOD IndyCar Series

23. Tad Pierson on July 9, 2010 3:21 pm
    Tad Pierson

I so wish I could be there to witness history! Sadly I will be in Miami, FL and unable to attend. No matter which chassis is chosen, I know it will make IRL racing even better than it is now; and it is GREAT now!

24. Fred Schechter on July 9, 2010 3:21 pm
    Fred Schechter

I’m just so excited to see a hidden line box race car!!!!
    Hopefully my team will be first in line to get the new chassis for testing as they roll out!

25. Tony Laurenzana on July 9, 2010 3:24 pm
    Tony Laurenzana

I grew up at IMS. My father worked there for 14 years. One of my earliest memories was getting my photo taken with my Mom and Dad in one of the Indycars back in 1987. Ever since then the design of these cars (then to now) has been one of the neatest things I’ve ever seen in my entire life. This would also be a great opportunity for me to take photos for my portfolio, as I am an aspiring photographer.

26. Lauren Morgan on July 9, 2010 3:26 pm
    Lauren Morgan

In just a few short weeks, I will be moving onto the campus of Indiana State University to minor in the motorsports management program. The announcement on Wednesday will not only affect my life as an IZOD IndyCar series fan, but it will hopefully also affect my future as an employee in the motorsports world. This announcement is extremely important to my life, and being given the opportunity to witness this moment of history in person would be unbelievable.

27. Tom Waitt on July 9, 2010 3:29 pm
    Tom Waitt

I remember as a kid the Lotus of Colin Chapman and the Flying Scotsman, Jim Clark,they captured my attention and it has never wavered . Although, the last 14 years seem to be a period of being lost in the Wilderness; Open Wheel has a bright future with the leaders now in place and I would really enjoy seeing the car announced.

28. Rachel Frend on July 9, 2010 3:30 pm
    Rachel Frend

I’m a HUGE racing fan and would to say “I was there at the new Indy car announcement”. I’ve lived in Indy my entire life and my family has had ties to the 500 since before I was born. The history and the Speedway will always have a special place in my heart, and I’ll always have racing fuel in my veins.

29. Joseph Woods on July 9, 2010 3:30 pm
    Joseph Woods

Crap! Is it too late to submit my design? I have been pouring over the design for months, for your consideration I present my plans. If so chosen it would be wise to have me in attendance.
    _________^__i________________
    I I
    I I
    I–O——————–O—————I

Side View

I——–i——-I
    I I
    I—————-I

Front View

Thank you.

30. David Compton on July 9, 2010 3:33 pm
    David Compton

We wouldn’t be on this site if we ALL were not open wheel racing fans! I have seen the many changes over the years, and it is time to be on the bricks for the start of this new line.

31. Esther on July 9, 2010 3:44 pm
    Esther

I actually planned to watch a press conference regarding what Lebron will be having for lunch that day, but I suppose attending this event would be a better way to spend my time. In all seriousness, I was introduced to the Indycar series 5 years ago and have been a dedicated fan ever since, attending at least 4 races each season. I love the rush of excitement and competitiveness that racing has to offer but most of all the hospitality the teams and the series shows towards the fans. To be in attendance at this historic event would be a real honor. I could possibly help promote further exposure of the series to a generation of fans both female and in their early 20s.

32. Chris Bishop on July 9, 2010 3:53 pm
    Chris Bishop

Here is my RSVP for wednesday July 14th I have “utilized” (read wasted) a lot of my work day reading, listening and examining the various car designs and arguments.

Why not allow me to “utilize” my supposed work time again next wednesday afternoon?

If it would help, I could wear my Izod Hat and Shirt.

33. Joan Graham on July 9, 2010 4:00 pm
    Joan Graham

I would love to attend the event. However, I have no automobile and will have to find someone who is also interested.
    My grandfather listened to the Indianapolis 500 always when he could not go. And, would bring the radio outside and tell all of us children to be quiet because this was an important event. That got many of us hooked.
    I remember taking my oldest son to the race in 1973. What a race. Amazing.
    As a single Mom, I had other priorities , children. Now, No Car, is the pits to say the least.
    So, I will wish all of those who get to attend this event a wonderful time and keep notes to share with the rest of us.

34. Shaun Pechin on July 9, 2010 4:08 pm
    Shaun Pechin

I should go because I can think of no better reason to miss work than to drive to Indy and be a part of the history that will be made for the sport I love. It would truly be the highlight of my racing season and one that I will never forget! Please IndyCar, let me enjoy history being made in person!

35. Travis Steele on July 9, 2010 4:13 pm
    Travis Steele

I’m obsessed with Indycar.

36. Ryan Myrehn on July 9, 2010 4:20 pm
    Ryan Myrehn

I host a weekly motorsports radio show on my college’s radio station and would love to be in attendance for this historic occasion. Guests on the show have included Robin Miller, Curt Cavin, and Derrick Walker. I would enjoy being able to report about this with first hand knowledge.

37. Ted on July 9, 2010 4:23 pm
    Ted

I grew up in the shadow of IMS and have been an Indy 500 ticket holder for over 20 years. The first thing I do each morning when I get to work is check the Indycar.com website, then check to see what Curt C has to say over at the star, next is on to speedtv.com just in case I’ve missed something! Hanging in my house is my Al Unser Jr autographed jersy, and all of my 500 tickes that have been framed every year, yep fro 1979 forward! I’ve done my best to create the next gen of Indycar fans by taking both of my son to Indy, Kentucky Speedway, Chicagoland and even ventured all the way to Sanoma! My favorite part of running the 500 mini marathon each year is the 2.5 mile trek around the speedway!!!!!! and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for the IICS!!!!

38. AJ on July 9, 2010 4:28 pm
    AJ

I have no reason to be there except I am a fan, you know that thing that has been missing from IndyCar since the split. I am the person that sponsors are trying to reach and sell to. I am the one who buys tickets, t-shirts, hats & puts IndyCar stickers on the bumper of my car. I am the one who goes to four IndyCar races a year. I am the one who has believed in grand prix racing in the U.S. through all the turmoil and fighting. I am the one who has watched NASCAR grow while the racing I am passionate about was dying. I am the one who prayed the people in charged would make the right descions and race at the right tracks. I am the one that rooted for Rick Mears in 82, felt sad for Scott Goodyear in 92 and held my breath for a whole lap in 2006 hoping an Andretti would win and celebrated when Hornish did. I have been to every 500 since 1982 and I am the son of a man who has been to every 500 since 1964. I am a fan. I am the reason racing exist. I am what atrracts sponsors. With out fans you don’t survive. You need me.

39. Mark Donne;; on July 9, 2010 4:47 pm
    Mark Donne;;

Wow, this is the most exciting event in open wheel racing since the merger of IRl and Cart. The future is coming

40. Justin Mann on July 9, 2010 5:21 pm
    Justin Mann

I have been to every Indianapolis 500 since 1991 and on that day my favorite driver, Rick Mears, won the race. Ever since I have been hooked. I consider myself to have a good knowledge of IndyCar history both drivers and machines. I consider some cars to be more a part of the Speedway’s past than some of the drivers. I have always been interested I teams and owners trying technology different from what is the norm. Such as the front drive cars, the Novi, Smokey Yunick and the side car, the Brabham, Mickey Thopmson’s cars with the low profile tires, all-wheel drive, the turbine, McLaren and the wing, Jim Hurtubise and the Mallard, Roger Rager and the stock block engine, Jim Hall and the Chapparal, the Buick V6, Penske and the push rod V8, and John Menard trying year after year with the Menard V6. These people trying were all looking for “The Unfair Advantage” to win The Worlds Greatest Race. I want to be there in person to witness the history, the innovation, and the technology that is synonymous with what IndyCar racing has been and will be in the future. I want to be able to tell people that I witnessed history in 2010 just like I did in 1991 when I saw Rick Mears win his fourth Indianapolis 500.

41. Rick Ryan on July 9, 2010 5:42 pm
    Rick Ryan

I have been attending events at the IMS since I was a very small child. My mother had a picture of me on a blanket under a tree in the infield with a roadster running in the background. I have also had the pleasure of the Indy Experience, provided to me by my kids to cap off my reverence for the IMS. Bring back the turbines! :)

42. Andrew Baker on July 9, 2010 6:04 pm
    Andrew Baker

I am currently working on a PhD Dissertation that studies IndyCar. My research analyzes place marketing strategies of municipal governments, businesses, and civic leaders in selected North American cities using motorsport events (IndyCar) to stimulate economic development. I have attended every Indy 500 since 1988 (I am only 30 years old). I’ve introduced several of my friends to IndyCar, and now they are regular attendees of races at Indianapolis and Kentucky. This year, I have attended IndyCar races in St. Petersburg, Indianapolis (Bronze Badge), and Iowa. I will be attending Mid-Ohio and Kentucky, too.

43. Tyler D. on July 9, 2010 6:08 pm
    Tyler D.

I am 30 years old and this year was my 28th consecutive 500 mile race. I’ve been a total of 29 times if you count the year my mom was prenant with me! My Grandfather was the first member of my family to go, he got his tickes right after Tony Hulman opened for business after WWII. We’ve had our 4 tickets ever since. One of my most prized possesions is a 1956 500 Program that my best friend got me on ebay and had framed. I have two pets, one is named Indy, and the other is named Danica (Believe me she has the attitude to match!). I watch every race (paid extra to get Versus) and attend at least Kentucky and Mid-Ohio every year.

44. Paul Stephani on July 9, 2010 6:10 pm
    Paul Stephani

My favorite racing moment ever is turn 3, lap 198 of the 1989 Indy 500. Just replay the last 10 laps listen to the fans. I will watch the Indy 500 for the rest of my life and hope to see a moment like that again. I hope this car and engine formula will help bring back that kind magic to the fans – when a two-time world champion and a second generation American prodigy put it ALL on the line to win the greatest race in the world.

45. rob sheets on July 9, 2010 6:22 pm
    rob sheets

Love IMS first time blogger 1300th fan, such history to be made, and history made,this is what keeps me a fan of the one and only the greatest track in the solar system!! i still like Ray’s car the best!!!! go MARMON!!!!!

46. Aaron Coleman on July 9, 2010 6:48 pm
    Aaron Coleman

I am 24 years old and have attended 15 500s. I check Indycar news everyday. The eight I missed must have been because I was too young to get myself there. I check Indycar news everyday. My parents tell me every may I used to resight by memory, each driver and thier chassis and enigine package since I was 4 or 5. I can’t wait to resight those again. I will be pursuing a degree in Motorsports Engineering. Attending this event would not only be an honor and a privilage, I would remember this event for the rest of my life. It has been very disapointing to see empty seats in the past decade. When I started going to the 500, every single seat was taken. I am very confident that the future direction, progress, success of the sport, and this event will certainly fill every single seat at Indy and help fill up other venues in the IZOD Indycar Series Thank You

47. Mike Wilson on July 9, 2010 9:41 pm
    Mike Wilson

I have been to IMS every since 1965 when I attended my first pole day! I am very excited at the direction that IndyCar is heading … and the new car design will be a huge step in accomplishing the long term goal of returning the excitement of IndyCar racing to prominense in the eyes of everyone!!

48. Michael M on July 9, 2010 10:21 pm
    Michael M

I need to be there because my story has everything. Drama, I have MD, I am now in a wheelchair, my only dream is to see the end of the spec car era and the future of the IRL. Comedy, I am a funny guy, my blend of wit and sarcasm makes me a lovable character. I am poor, living on disability, I would never get to see anything like this any other way. If I got to go it could be spun into a movie starring Patrick Dempsey!
    But seriously.
    Well all that stuff is true to a point (L) But really, I just love the IRL and I really would be awestruck to see this.
    And I am friends with Robin Miller on Facebook!

49. Jared Hamilton on July 9, 2010 11:44 pm
    Jared Hamilton

Hoosier native and life-long fan amped up to see what the next generation of IndyCar will look like. Can’t stand NASCAR and can’t wait to see IndyCar overtake it’s fan base. Plus, beats working that day anyways, right?

50. Jeremiah Davis on July 10, 2010 7:46 am
    Jeremiah Davis

I want to go because…..I BLEED ETHANOL!!!!! Every race day you will find me advertising the race on my facebook page, letting all my friends know what time and what channel the race will be on. I also invited all my friends to join me for camping on labor day weekend and Kentucky! I’m an IndyDownforce Member, and I just cant get enough of IndyCar! I read every article written, especially this Blog, The Silent Pagoda, Indy Racing Revolution, and Pressdog….and many many more!

51. Ryan Johnson on July 10, 2010 11:36 am
    Ryan Johnson

I’d be honored to go to this event because it is undoubtedly one of the biggest announcements this sport has seen since its inception in 1994. My parents took me to my first Indianapolis 500 in 1999, and it would be an understatement to say that I fell in love with the race immediately. I have not missed an Indy 500 since, and never plan on doing so. Up until this year’s race at Iowa, I hadn’t even missed a race on television in a couple years. Growing up I was a huge Chicago Bears and Cubs fan, but this sport has quickly won me over as being my most passionate sport. I live an hour south of Indianapolis, but that didn’t stop me from driving to Kansas City for this year’s race, and it definitely won’t stop me from driving to New Hampshire next year for that race. Having the opportunity to be there in person for this major announcement would be incredible. As I look at my calender I realize that there are 324 long days to go until May 29, 2011, but it’s future races this season and races of the past (youtube) that keep me going until May arrives. I’m currently pursuing a journalism degree that will help me get on to the IndyStar so I can write about IndyCar, but until I’m fortunate enough to have the credentials to cover the sport, I’d really appreciate the opportunity to be chosen as a true fan.

Forever a fan,
    Ryan Johnson

52. Scott Keller on July 10, 2010 12:31 pm
    Scott Keller

I represent Indy Downforce, the official fan club of the Izod Indycar Series. As a member, attendance will enable me to share with my fellow members breaking news on the series through multimedia such as the indycarnation.com website, blogs, facebook and others. It is also our goal to make sure Indycar stays “open wheeled”… So choose someone that has been totally emersed in the series over the past decade to represent; ME!

53. Spartacus on July 10, 2010 6:01 pm
    Spartacus

I will be there in full battle regalia, and my chariot! Hail Me!

54. Zachary on July 10, 2010 8:55 pm
    Zachary

Because someone needs to ask the question we’re all secretly wanting to ask: will AJ fit in it?

55. Ed berg on July 10, 2010 8:59 pm
    Ed berg

I think I should be chosen to attend the announcement for one simple reason. As the midwest’s #1 supplier of pitchforks and torches, I can quickly and easily outfit any angry mob, should the Delta Wing design be chosen…

56. Tim Obert on July 10, 2010 9:38 pm
    Tim Obert

An honor it would be to attend one of the most pivital events in open wheel history. Since my first memories playing with my Tonka AJ Foyt set, to meeting Rick Mears at a Gould tent “rocketing” him to be my favorite driver as an 8 year old, to listening to the race on the radio with my grandfather while my parents attended, to attending practice days, pole days, carb days, to going for my yearly “I WAS THERE” Pennzoil stickers, to STILL getting goosebumps hearing replays of “and he’s on it” and “it’s a new track record”, to getting through the separation years, to LOL about Zachary’s AJ comment, to looking forward to what the future will hold and finally to everything else that I will want to say once I hit “submit comment”. Yes, it would be an honor to attend the announcement.

57. Jeff lynch on July 10, 2010 9:40 pm
    Jeff lynch

I would love to attend but the army has me located in El Paso, TX. I moved my family from Indy back in march because I got stationed down here. Other wise I would be in Indy and be at the announcement.

58. P.J. Hamann on July 10, 2010 10:21 pm
    P.J. Hamann

I have been a fan of Indy and Indy car racing since pole day 1977. I was always reminded by my Dad that he missed Tom Sneva breaking the 200 mph barrier because he had to take me to the bathroom.

I absolutely have loved open wheel racing ever since. Now my son who is six is starting to love racing too. Everyday he is having some kind of race in the living room. Since to Indy cars are to fragile we have a lot of NASCAR toys and this morning they were lined up for a double file restart. He really enjoys learning and finding out what Will Power is doing actually that his Will Power car is the only one that is still intact.
    He would love to be a part of this announcement. I hope you could save a seat fir his mom and him. I have to work and be watching on-line.

59. Sandy Berg on July 11, 2010 12:11 am
    Sandy Berg

I want to go because I love Indy car racing and I would like to get away from my kids for a few hours. I know it is only about 200 miles, but that will have to do…

60. Jason on July 11, 2010 9:19 am
    Jason

Yes, it would be nice to attend the announcement for many reasons, but I think the most important reason is because I want to. I have been raised watching Indy cars at the speedway and it would be a big privilege to be able to attend the announcement that will shape the future, and it would take more than a small paragraph to tell why I love the IZOD Indy Car series. It really has helped revive open wheel racing though and that is a big reason why I love it.

61. Sean Kennedy on July 11, 2010 2:44 pm
    Sean Kennedy

I have been a fan ever since i was 5, I have not missed 1 race in about 10 years whether it be Indycar or Cart. I attend at least 2 races a year, but the most important reason is because i am only 18 years old which means i am the future fanbase of the sport and we are the ones who you should be focusing on. If i could attend i would bring a friend who is somewhat familiar with the sport, but it would help him get more interested in it. I would love to drive down from Chicago to see this historic event.

62. Shawn Kendall on July 11, 2010 3:01 pm
    Shawn Kendall

I have the day scheduled to be free for the announcement and would like to be able to attend and bring the information back to the IZOD IndyCar fans that will not be able to follow the event since it is during the work week.

63. Shawn Kendall on July 11, 2010 6:10 pm
    Shawn Kendall

It would truly be an honor to be a part of the “Next Step” in the IZOD IndyCar Series

64. Pete Garratt on July 11, 2010 7:58 pm
    Pete Garratt

I love helping Indycar promote the MidOhio race by putting Indy decals on our Ohio S2000s!

65. John Downing on July 11, 2010 7:59 pm
    John Downing

I was born on the day that Jimmy Clark won the Indianapolis 500. (The first rear engine Indy 500 Victory) My father setting an example of what my future priorities would be, left the Hospital after my birth and took the rest of the family to the race. I have attended 35 Indy 500s and over 120 Indycar races. My youngest son is named Graham after the 1966 Indy 500 winner and the date to determined future winner (Rahal). I preach Indycar to all those that will listen. Please allow me to be part of this great and historic day in Indycar!

66. Derryl Craddock on July 11, 2010 8:23 pm
    Derryl Craddock

I have not missed a race since 72. I have dogs named rutherford and ruby.

67. Nathaniel Massy on July 11, 2010 11:08 pm
    Nathaniel Massy

I have alrady posted a comment, but I thought I’d add that when my mom heard there is a driver named Bertrand, she decided it fit our cat’s personality and I now have a cat named Bertrand. Naturally, his favorite team is Conquest!

68. Jason Upp on July 11, 2010 11:13 pm
    Jason Upp

I would love to be there for one simple reason; Regardless of what chassis is chosen, Milk and Donuts will not be able to drive it.

69. G. Rock on July 11, 2010 11:31 pm
    G. Rock

Because if I win the lottery, I’ll buy a ride in the new chassis like half the IRL field does right now.

70. Terry Wilson on July 12, 2010 7:58 am
    Terry Wilson

Because as opposed to working on my paper for class, I’m working on what to say in this comment field! Hey, maybe I’ll write my paper about the chassis selection process!

71. Dan Moschenross on July 12, 2010 10:00 am
    Dan Moschenross

I have been following the }ndy series since before the breakup. Indy car racing is some of the finest in the world. I fet it was great that the series started to include the road races in the schedule. The drivers are some of the most polite and fan friendly that I have met in the racing world. I will continue to folllow the series no matter. Keep up the great work and best of luck in the future.

72. Cody Bradshaw on July 12, 2010 10:03 am
    Cody Bradshaw

I would love to participate and feel that I deserve one of the reserved seats for many reasons. I have been a die hard follower of The Izod IndyCar Series for many years now. My weekends are scheduled around the IICS schedule. I promote IndyCar strongly through out my group of friends. I am a consistant tweeter, facebooker, and all things social media. I have been following the chassis development very closely and would love to be one of the first people to see what decision the league has come to. Lastly, I think this would be something I would remember and would feel very blessed to be involved with.

73. Bryan Naas on July 12, 2010 10:24 am
    Bryan Naas

You should send me because I am your target market. The once casual race viewer who has become passionate about INDYCAR over the past year. I love the races and haven’t missed one this year. Even if we are out, I follow very closely on Twitter (thanks!) and have requested INDYCAR be added to the Score Mobile app (http://www2.thescore.com/scoremobile/). You need fresh, young (29) faces to carry this series to the coming generations!

74. Craig McCarthy on July 12, 2010 10:35 am
    Craig McCarthy

I would like to be present to witness the unveiling of one of the most crucial aspects of the rebirth of North American open wheel racing. Race fans are drawn to the sport for various reasons but the chassis strategy that makes up the backbone of the Izod IndyCar Series is the one common link that defines the sport. Wednesday’s announcement has the potential to revolutionize the sport that we all know and love. I, for one would like to be there to take part in it as a proud fan and series supporter. Thank you for the opportunity.

75. Nick Spencer on July 12, 2010 10:46 am
    Nick Spencer

Growing up in Speedway, the Indy 500 is definitely something you love to go to and be a part of. I began to follow the series steadily in 1997 and this year have gone to more races than years past due to a wonderful opportunity. Being able to be there when the new chassis is announced would just be icing on an already fantastic cake.

76. Rita Such on July 12, 2010 11:09 am
    Rita Such

Would be interesting and fun to attend something like this. I have only missed 2 races since I was 8 years old in 1965. 1970 because my dad was in the hospital, and 1986 because it rained on Sun. and Mon. and I had a baby on Tuesday and couldn’t get a pass out of the hospital to come to the race that Sat. :) Anyway, it’s obvious I’m not getting any younger and am always up for new experiences regarding the Indy 500. Am hoping someday to attend the Victory Dinner as well. :D

77. George Wilson on July 12, 2010 11:24 am
    George Wilson

Because I moved to Indy from another part of the country just to be closer to the IMS and so I could take part in all the Indy 500 festivities each May.

78. Patti Lacey on July 12, 2010 11:32 am
    Patti Lacey

Growing up in Indiana has always given me a chance to attend the Indianapolis 500 and the many events leading up to the big race. It is ungrained in my upbringinging.

Over the years I was surrounded by high school friends in the Snake Pit, witnessed the sad event of a family on reunion lose their father and even was a guest in Suite 1 and 2!

I love design because each change has occured as a result of new ideas, regulations, safety, etc. Attending this historical event with the new design being unveiled would be another great moment in my 500 experiences. Having my nephews come along would be even more fun but I am not sure if they can make it but I wouldn’t want to miss this event!

79. Patrick Kiser on July 12, 2010 11:33 am
    Patrick Kiser

I go to the races, and drive by the speedway every day on the way to work – and I never get tired of it. Open wheel racing is well, almost a religion to me – Nuf said!!

80. jeff perry on July 12, 2010 11:36 am
    jeff perry

When does the IMA lot open? Do they have any rules against tailgating? I will be the bald guy in a bowling shirt cooking brats and trying to update my twitter account whilst not dropping my phone onto the coals.

81. katrina on July 12, 2010 11:47 am
    katrina

I would love to go. I have not missed a 500 since i was 12 years old. the tradition. the speed. my family. i can’t describe in words what the Speedway means to me. I am and always will be a Sarah Fisher fan and I would love to be there to see history!

82. Scott Cooper on July 12, 2010 12:09 pm
    Scott Cooper

I’m a 36-year Indy 500 veteran who was still really put off by the split. However, thanks to the new leadership, the upcoming new engine package and new chassis selection, I’m as excited as ever for IndyCar racing. In fact, my wife and I are traveling to several of the series events this year to support it! Looking forward to the announcements!

83. Scott Goolik on July 12, 2010 1:02 pm
    Scott Goolik

Although I do not remember how many years we’ve been married, I can tell you that this year I celebrated my 20th Indy 500. Much to my wife’s chagrin, I am IndyCar’s biggest fan. Not only do I make her watch every IndyCar race and attend the Indy 500 every year, we were engaged on the yard of bricks at the 2006 Indy 500, and our wedding guests were greeted by a Team Penske car at our reception. She just had a birthday – I can’t think of a better gift!

84. Chris Jensen on July 12, 2010 1:41 pm
    Chris Jensen

I have been to every 500 since 1991. I know there are people that have been there more, but i’m only 26. I love reading and hearing about the history of IMS and would love to be part of this historic event. I could finally say that I was at an historic event that my grandpa, dad, and uncle were not at. (I could tell them about it this time around.)

85. Mike Downing on July 12, 2010 1:57 pm
    Mike Downing

I saw my first Indy 500 in 1963 when the rear engine revolution was really launched. I know the cooper was there in 1961 but the Lotus Ford that finished 2nd that day started a change that old guard was not prepared for. I attended 33 consecutive Indy 500’s and have seen a total of 46 races at Indianapo;is. The number of new chassis I have seen win their first race is long . From the Lotus of Jimmy Clark to the Dallaras of today I have seen the changes first hand. the resurgence of the Turbo Offy in the the Eagle that bobby Unser drove in 68. If I see old footage of Indy car racing I can tell the difference between a mongoose, BRP, Halibrand, March , Gerhardt, Mclaren. to name a few. I hope that the path of Indy car racing can be brought back to the status it was in the 60S and70s All of the the roads back then did lead to Indy and the greatest race in the world. It would be awsome to see the newest indy car chassis as they are announced.Reguardless I will be at my computer if I am not there as I can’t wait to see the new era of Indy car racing announced. thanks Mike

86. Jessi Almas on July 12, 2010 2:17 pm
    Jessi Almas

I spend 364 days of the year preparing for the Indy 500. For fun I’ve been memorizing every driver who won it & have it down to 1959 thus far (and I know ‘53 & ‘54 was Vuky because he’s my dad’s favorite driver). I grew up in Speedway. My favorite driver is Rick Mears because he won 4 times, one of which being my birth year (‘84) & my mom was @ the race pregnant with me so I’m pretty sure my love for him began in the womb. I watch every race of the season. I’m getting the wing & wheel tattooed on my foot & my friends think I’m really weird for all of this. I don’t care. I need to be there. Plus, I’m a teacher & I have nothing to do during the week.

87. Brian on July 12, 2010 2:17 pm
    Brian

I’m 39 years old, and in 30 of those years I have attended the Indy 500. For better or worse, I still remember the glory days of the Snake Pit. As a student at nearby Marian College, I always looked forward to that first echo of engines in the distance. My father loved Parnelli Jones. I loved Tom Sneva. Come July 14 you could unveil the prettiest chassis open-wheel racing has ever seen, and I won’t love it as half as much as that nine-year-old kid salivating at the sight of Johnny Rutherford’s Chaparral 2K in Victory Lane. That being said, I’d like to see you try and make me salivate.

88. Mark on July 12, 2010 2:36 pm
    Mark

I just want to be there when they announce Lola as one of the manufacturers and everything comes full circle and I can officially start calling it CART II.

89. Alex Miser on July 12, 2010 2:48 pm
    Alex Miser

The Top Ten Reasons You Should Pick Me:
    10. I was conceived in the Snake Pit
    9. Me and Marty Reid are in lock step
    8. If I am selected I would have a Fittipaldi
    7. I think Danica is a Luyendyk
    6. Helio is my accountant
    5. I drink milk after winning in Monopoly
    4. I once dated a girl named Lola
    3. I went to Carnegie Hall and expected to hear Tom’s voice
    2. I throw darts at a picture of Robin Miller
    1. When I am in a funeral precession I weave back and forth to keep heat in my tires

90. INDYCAR: Lola 2012 Model Revealed | Indycar on July 12, 2010 2:57 pm
    INDYCAR: Lola 2012 Model Revealed | Indycar

[...] The IZOD IndyCar Series is offering fans an opportunity to attend the 2012 launch through a special promotion. [...]

91. Shawn Kendall on July 12, 2010 2:59 pm
    Shawn Kendall

This is a long-awaited announcement for all involved in the IZOD IndyCar Series as well as the fans that stand faithful. As we move forward into a new chapter, we look forward to these changes. Many of us will be disappointed in some of the decisions made. Maybe it isn’t the car you chose, maybe the engine manufacturer you wanted won’t be willing to get involved in such dramatic decision-making times. But I tell you this… History has shown us that our sport can overcome any situation that arises and we can pull together and stand strong and make this once again, “The Best Racing in America” cont

92. Elliot on July 12, 2010 3:12 pm
    Elliot

I am a senior mechanical engineering student at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology with aspirations of becoming a race engineer for an IndyCar series team. Currently I am working with Rose-Hulman’s new Formula SAE team to design and build a car for next year’s Formula SAE competitions, which breed some of the best automotive and motorsports engineers in the world. As a lifelong motorsports fan, I’ve been to the Indy 500 every year since I was seven, and I regularly attend the Kentucky Speedway and Mid-Ohio races. I’ve also banged wheels with Marco Andretti and Graham Rahal in karts in WKA nationals. As an aspiring engineer looking to work for an IndyCar series team, I want to be there when the car(s) I’ll be working on are unveiled for the first time.

93. mshedden on July 12, 2010 3:58 pm
    mshedden

I once purposely lost my pinewood derby to run a car that looked like AJ Foyt’s. It;s the least you could do considering all that cost me. The most you could do is let me design the next IndyCar using a pinewood derby model. I’ll just take former.

94. Greg Seep on July 12, 2010 4:17 pm
    Greg Seep

I attended my first Pole day in 1972, attended my first race in 1982, when the infamous green flag crash started the race. I waited all those years to watch Mario race and he gets taken out before he even crossed the starting line. I was raised that the short fat American(Foyt) is the enemy, and the short slick Italian(Andretti) was god. I have seen maybe 50 races live, and only one victory by an Andretti at Gateway. I quit going to the 500 until Penske and Ganassi returned. When a carrer back marker named Eddie Cheever wins the 500 in a car with “Rachels Potato Chips” on the sidepod, something isn’t right. I don’t care if your American, European, and from Saturn, if you can drive, I root for you. I despise those Hee Haw cars driving around Indy every August. Please do not make me have to watch those ugly Dallaras one more year. Give me innovation, give me different engine sounds diving into turn one, give me Montoya dirt tracking out of turn 4, and please give me another Andretti win before I die.

95. Kyle Gottfried on July 12, 2010 4:24 pm
    Kyle Gottfried

I have attended an event (practice, qualifying, race) at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for most of my 22 years of life. Some years I attended every event, or at least practice or qualifying leading up to the event, that was held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. In fact, I have even gone out of my way to drive past the speedway when a session is occurring, just to experience the thrill that emanates from the track itself. To witness, in person, the unveiling of the future of IndyCar would top all those experiences combined.

If I am selected, I would like to bring my Mother, for without her, I would not have gotten the exposure I did.

96. Michael hart on July 12, 2010 4:29 pm
    Michael hart

In 2006 as a young 13 year old boy from Indianpolis, I attended my first Indy 500 with my dad. For all my life I heard him talk about Jim Clark and the Lotus cars, Andy Granetelli, and many other drivers, cars, and figures of the time when he went to the race. Every time I went into the IMS museum, he would tell me about each of the cars and their stories. I would soak up every bit that flowed out of his mouth about the 500 and the sport itself. When I attended my first 500 in 2006, I was hooked. My blooded boiled in excitement and passion for the sport. I soon surpassed my dad’s passion for the sport with a near obsession expending to all forms of motorsport. For the past couple years now, I try to squeeze any and all information I can about IndyCar by searching for every article I can get my hands on. Regerdless of what car gets picked for 2012, I’m just so excited about the history that’s being made and the new-found light that the IZOD IndyCar Series has found. I’m 17, young, and eager to see the unvieling of the next generation of IndyCars. It’s a moment that I do not want to miss.

97. Eric on July 12, 2010 4:29 pm
    Eric

PLEASE DON’T PICK DELTA WING! PLEASE SPARE US FROM THAT!

98. Jacob Parsons on July 12, 2010 4:36 pm
    Jacob Parsons

I could write 4 paragraphs on why i should be selected but instead I will keep it semi-short. I am the new generation of Indycar, I am carrying on new traditions that my Grandpa passed down to my dad, and that he passed down to me. I grew up with it and am about the IMS 365. I will be starting a family soon and will then be passing down the traditions to them, so I can only dream of being part of the unveiling of the cars that my kids will grow up on. Being able to say son, I was there when they revealed that car, and him being able to tell all his buddies, my dad was there when the revealed that design, thats how old he is..
    Though I am still younger than the majority of these people posting (25), the 500 has been part of me for all of those years, and part of the family since the speedway started. I am fan just as much as anyone if not more and with generations of experience its not something new. This would be a great addition to the stories, traditions and accomplishments of this 500 family.

99. Eric Barnes on July 12, 2010 4:38 pm
    Eric Barnes

For years, the IRL has provided the best, most exciting racing, week in and week out that you can find anywhere in the world. It’s time for the IRL and IndyCar to try something new. The new car is the next step to continuing that tradition. The car is the first impression of the series. If the car is hot, looks fast, is sexy, all while being artistic, people will naturally want to watch. You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression. I want to be there when IndyCar unveils the next 1st impression!

100. Felippe Stanisci on July 12, 2010 4:51 pm
    Felippe Stanisci

I like Swift Engineering!

101. Dave Hurt on July 12, 2010 4:51 pm
    Dave Hurt

I would love to attend this event. I have several reasons: I am unemployed after 29 years in Information Technology and have nothing to do. I am a relative of Bob Hurt who crashed in ‘68 and was paralyzed for the rest if his life, so newer and safer cars or important to me. I have such a passion for Indy car racing that I have an Indy500 themed theatre room in my basement, I love Indy car racing so much I attend the race every year on the infield where the party is, and buy a bronze badge every year for my wife and I and go to the track almost every day during May. After the race, I take the bronze badges and line the perimeter of my bar with them and glue them down. There is NO OTHER FAN as big a fan and supporter of this racing series then I. I have gotten into arguments with people about this stuff to the point of almost getting into fights!!! And, the number one reason! I HATE CRASHCAR/NASCAR!!!!!!!!!!

102. Dave Hurt on July 12, 2010 4:55 pm
    Dave Hurt

One more reason: You selected one of my pictures to put in the program 2 years ago. Page 85, Photo and story by Dave Hurt!

103. Matthew Wren on July 12, 2010 5:00 pm
    Matthew Wren

I have absolutely nothing to do on Wednesday and I will even promise to dress nice. I have followed Indycar for as long as I can remember and have even turned several friends/colleagues on to it. It was actually a friend who attended his first 500 with me a couple years ago that informed me of the potential opportunity to attend the announcement.

Would love the opportunity and greatly appreciate the consideration.

104. John Baadilla on July 12, 2010 5:06 pm
    John Baadilla

My name is John Baadilla and I have a life-long fan of the IZOD Indycar Series ever since I was 5 years old, I am currently 24 now. I have watched every single indycar/ American Open wheel race either on tv or in person ever since the 1992 Indianapolis 500. I have supported IndyCar racing my whole life. This sport has played a significant role in my life and my family’s life. Indycar racing is my passion, In fact, I just graduated from California State University Long Beach as a marketing major, and my dream and ambition is to work in the IZOD Indycar Series in some way shape or form in the area of marketing in the future. This new set of rules (Chassis and engine package for the 2012 Indycar and beyond) is the most important set of rules in the history of the sport. It would be a dream to be able to attend this event and be a part of the history of the Indianapolis 500 and the IZOD Indycar series as the sport is about to celebrate it’s 100th anniversary.

John Baadilla, jbracer86@yahoo.com

105. Chris Dolan on July 12, 2010 6:36 pm
    Chris Dolan

I should be there to go on a rampage/killing spree when they choose the delta d**k and ruin the sport for good.

p.s. sit me next to Ed Berg, the pitchfork and torch supplier.

106. Tom Smith on July 12, 2010 7:24 pm
    Tom Smith

I can’t think of a single reason to attend. The IRL is a failed “Vision”. A new car is simply a fresh coat of paint on an outhouse. In the end, it still stinks…

107. Ryan Spear on July 12, 2010 7:29 pm
    Ryan Spear

My name is Ryan Spear, I am 22 years old and have been around Indycar my entire life. I can name every Indianapolis 500 winner back to 1958. My Fiance and friends constatly make fun of me with the wealth of knowledge i have about the sport and have converted non-race fans into race fans since i cant remember when. Racing has been my life and it would be an honor, not only for myself, but to represent fans just like myself. Here’s to turning a new page in Indycar Series racing together.

Thanks

-Ryan

108. Ken Eldridge on July 12, 2010 7:31 pm
    Ken Eldridge

My first clear memory is Danny Sullivan’s spin-and-win, I was four! May is the greatest time of the year. I am an advocate for Indycar with anyone who will listen. I am pulling for Indycar to succeed and can’t wait to learn what the future holds. PLEASE LET ME COME!!!

109. Len on July 12, 2010 7:38 pm
    Len

I went to 12 Indianapolis 500’s – including the last ‘real’ 500 in 1995. I haven’t been back since Tony George instituted the 25/8 rule, effective “locking out” all of the CART teams and destroying all of the traditions of the GSIR.
    I hope this new car can result in TV ratings higher than those for the ‘Thighmaster’ infomercials.
    Also, I hope there will be more than one chassis/engine/tire interested in the IRL.
    In case you haven’t figured it out by now, race fans hate spec car racing (that’s why IROC died).

110. James Egger on July 12, 2010 8:10 pm
    James Egger

I am feeling young again. I remember through my childhood as each year wondering what the next car would look like. Now I have that feeling again. Thank you for making me feel this way. It’s been awhile. 33 Indy 500’s in 2012.

111. Gary Brinkman on July 12, 2010 8:28 pm
    Gary Brinkman

I have many reasons why I would like to be a part of the announcement event on Wednesday. I am listing my eleven reasons (one for every row at Indy) to show I am up to speed, and why I should qualify to make the field for this event.
    11. My first memories of Indy Car is the front engine roadster.
    10. I wittnessed the turbines presence at Indy in the 60’s and 70″s.
    9. My first day at Indy qualifications I witnessed Mario Andretti take the pole in 1966.
    8. On my daily drive to work I annually waited to see Larry Bosiglia arrive to be “first in line” offically signaling the beginning the Month of May parking along 16th street.
    7. I have watched the Indy 500 from the snake pit.
    6. I have seen Foyt, Andretti, and the Unser’s race at the Hooiser Hundred.
    5. I have seen the Indy Cars race on the road course at Indianapolis Raceway Park (IRP).
    4. I have seen the Indy pole achieved from a speed of 166 to 233 MPH.
    3. My son-in-law has an Indy 500 and IRL Champion winning team ring.
    2. My wish was for my daughter’s wedding was a black and white checkered carpet runner, and to wave little checkered flags when they left the church. (didn’t happen)
    1. I want to see Indy Car grow and prosper by witnessing a bold decision Wednesday for the 2012 Indy Car season.

112. Bill Sanford on July 12, 2010 8:40 pm
    Bill Sanford

Good luck to all the entrants. I cannot wait to see the unveiling. The only thing I would add is to paraphrase Little Al in ‘92….”you just don’t know what Indy means”.

113. Spencer on July 12, 2010 9:21 pm
    Spencer

I have gone to the Indy 500 14 out of the 20 years that I have been on this green Earth. It’s what I look forward to year in and year out. I’m constantly putting IndyCar in front of the eyes of new fans and have even gotten some of them to come to other races, (like Kentucky and Chicagoland), with me. I’m part of IndyCar’s key demographic and I’m actively trying to help it grow, so seeing this announcement in person will only fan the flames of my devotion to the series. IndyCar should be the top motorsports tour in the U.S. It has everything a race fan could ask for, including ovals, street/road courses, drivers from all over the world, storylines from every team no matter the size, and the speed that draws everyone in to begin with. I would love to be at the unveiling and see the biggest step toward the future that IndyCar will take.
    In any case, I’ll be keeping a close eye on the announcement and cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am for the future of the IZOD IndyCar Series.

114. Jeff Hansell on July 12, 2010 9:22 pm
    Jeff Hansell

Back in ‘82, my best friend and I hopped on our bmx bikes and rode the 5 blocks or so from our houses in Eagledale down to IMS to watch our first 500 “sans parents”. I remember my Mom’s very specific instructions: “Enter at 25th st, Go straight to the turn 1 infield, DO NOT GO NEAR THE SNAKEPIT!” As always, my Mom’s advice was pitch perfect, and we were not disappointed. The duel between Gordon Johncock and Rick Mears at that years race remains my most cherished sporting memory to this day. There we were, smashed up against the turn one fence, watching spellbound as the blur of Mears’ car inched closer and closer to the blur of Johncock’s, screaming at the top of our lungs in delight each time they went past. History shows that Johncock won the battle, but I doubt that anyone there that day would say that Mears was the loser. For, me that day encapsulated everything that makes the Indy 500 truly a singular event, a phenomenon that can’t even begin to be duplicated or eclipsed. Now that I’m a father, one of my joys in life is sharing the 500 and Indycar with my son, and we’re so very excited for this next chapter to begin.

115. Paul Henry on July 12, 2010 9:32 pm
    Paul Henry

I have hitch hiked from Gary to Indy in the 70’s just to skip skool and attend practices in the month of May. I have not missed a 500 in 27 years. As a TV camera spotter, making less than minumum wage, I have sweated in killer heat, drowned in rains of Biblical proportions AND froze myself watching that Colombian skid off the track on a PACE lap of all tings. I really, REALLY NEED to see the reveal of the chassis manufacturer. Press Dog, Monica and the lately deposed My Name Is IRL gots nothing on MY desire to see this series grow back into the realm of motor sport supremecy. With an email name of GFORCEPAUL and not Dahlara Paul, the choice of me to view the reveal seems obvious, Mr. Obvious! Congrats to the former Bull Ring cowboy; their loss is our gain. Thanks Randy for all that you are trying to get accomplished!

116. Christopher Fraser on July 12, 2010 9:38 pm
    Christopher Fraser

I have been a loyal fan of IndyCar racing my entire life, I detest Stock Cars with a passion. If you pick me to attend the unveiling not only will I wear my best IZOD shirt, I will write a column on IndyCar.com describing the experience from the perspective of someone that hopes to race an IndyCar one day. Racing is my life!

117. Alan J. Anderson on July 12, 2010 9:41 pm
    Alan J. Anderson

Simply- If it’s the Delta design, I will be done with Indy Racing!….from a Foyt Fan since Ontario 500 1975!

118. John begley on July 12, 2010 9:49 pm
    John begley

Being an Art student from Herron School of Art back in the 60’s. was my birth as an Indy Car fan. When it was a warm day at 16th and Delaware during May we would open the windows in the morning drawing class . If we could hear the cars on he track at 16th and Georgetown, I knew for the rest of that day, I would be pursuing my art education at IMS and not IMA.

119. Phillip henry on July 12, 2010 9:51 pm
    Phillip henry

ICONIC
    Innovative, ( I came up with a clever way to comment)
    Competitive, (My plan is to win a ticket to the confrence)
    Open-Wheel, (I could ride my motorcycle, no fenders)
    New, (I will walk through the new 100 acre exhibit )
    Industry-Relevant, (I am a consumer, Male 34 years old)
    Cost-Effective, (the ticket may be free but the experience would be Priceless!)

120. Phillip Delos Reyes on July 12, 2010 10:36 pm
    Phillip Delos Reyes

I Grew up in Ontario California. It was well known that our track was billed as the sister to the famed BRICKYARD. My first Indycar race was in 77. My brother worked parking cars and took me one weekend. Wally Dallenbach won in the gilmore car that matched A.J.’s Indy winner later that year. 11 years later as soon I could legally leave the state on my own I found myself sitting in Tower Terrace right behind Sullliavs pit box. The year was 89, Jim was singing I was crying like a baby and had no idea why. 200 laps later I was a changed man. I know where I will be every Memorial day until I die. I saw the coke lot for the first time and I still swear I heard It call my name with chorus of drunken angels. I am an Indy 500 fan of the truest sort . I am there on opening day and every other day of May that they will open those glorious gates. I camp in the lions lot now because the coke lot has too many rules. I stumble over drunks with my cooler and Indy star just to sit in whatever weather Indy has for us and watch the spectacle that has become the Indy 500. I do miss the old formula of the mechanics and engineers building inovative fast cars with all different motors/chassis and the fans just showed up to see what was new and what was fast. I am already a devout member of the sacred botherhood that is the Indy 500 fan. I would be honored to share this moment with my speedway friends and family.

121. James Wamsley on July 12, 2010 10:52 pm
    James Wamsley

IRL is the best racing series out there. The most competitive, most diverse schedule, and the drivers compete for position on every corner of every lap, regardless of position. IRL will continue to grow into the most popular racing series because of those factors. Whether I get selected or not, I’m an avid lifelong fan and I enjoy seeing this series grow back into greatness again. Keep up the great wrk, and can’t wait to see the new design, and more news about the upcoming motors. P.S. DRIVERS, keep battling out there! We are LOVING that! We don’t get that kind of action in the other racing series.

122. Amy Pearce on July 12, 2010 11:08 pm
    Amy Pearce

First of all, Wednesday is my BIRTHDAY! Can you imagine a better birthday gift for a mother of three than to get me out of Michigan for the day without my kids??!! That’s not to say they aren’t amazing kids, but mama needs a break! I absolutely love IndyCar Racing and it really is the only time I can COMMAND control of the TV! I am so excited about the new car announcement. While I am hoping for the Lola (It seems like the most logical “next step”), I am excited about the hype this decision is bringing to the sport! My three year-old even loves to watch with me. She always says, “Mommy, I like Briscoe, but his hair is a little goofy.” Haha! I’ll make an IndyCar fan out of her yet! So let’s get on with it and I’ll see you all in Indy! :)

123. You're invited to 2012 car strategy unveil | Indycar on July 12, 2010 11:09 pm
    You're invited to 2012 car strategy unveil | Indycar

[...] comment HERE and tell us why you want to attend the announcement or why you love the IZOD IndyCar Series. [...]

124. Ann Crisp on July 12, 2010 11:25 pm
    Ann Crisp

Hi. My name is Ann Crisp and i just recently became an indycar fan when the 2 sides merged. I am one of the biggest Tony Kanaan fans in the world, along with Sarah Fisher. My fiance is THEE biggest fan that the Indycar Series has and i was wanting to attend with him. We revolve our Sundays (and sometimes Saturdays) to accomodate the races. I tried taking him to St Pete this year but it didnt work out but you can bet that every midwest race we will be there. I just wanted to do this because i realize im a minority of being a big indycar fan and being a woman. I think you guys are in the right direction and i want to be there to watch the some of the first steps. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Ann

125. nathan dotson on July 13, 2010 12:11 am
    nathan dotson

Im a 28 year old indy native who has not missed a 500 since my first in 2000. I love to spread the joy of indycar to my friends and my passion for the sport, the speed, and the unbelievable technology is unbridled and unstoppable. I am intruiged by the history of the sport, and I am open minded, optomistic, and extremely excited about the future of indycar. I would be thrilled to be a part of this historic announcement. I love IMS and I love IndyCar.

126. Justin Lindemann on July 13, 2010 12:37 am
    Justin Lindemann

First Off im laid off so I got the time to come down and take in this great event. Also I have not missed a open wheel race at the Legendary Milwaukee Mile since I went there for the first time in 1992.(CART and IRL). irst indy 500 was in 94 and have not missed one since 03. Im 29 so I remember the glory years of CART so I have been awaiting change for a loooooonnng time. Im one probly of the few people in the world that dont think that Robin Miller is nutz. I have been a frequently posted my thoughts on speedtv open wheel mailbag. I live in the heart of wisconsin stock car country and still race small open wheel cars on oval tracks. I also attended the Champ Car town meeting in Milwaukee back in 04 or something. I think NASCAR sucks GRAND AM aint much better. Love USAC, ALMS, INDYCAR, F1, and miss CART/Champ Car and the old ASA stockcar series. Would love to attend this event to give my opinion on this if anyone cares to listen. Also just want to be a part of this great event that could shape the shift of the tide for open wheel racing in america. It is more than just inycar that got affected its every series that dont have a fender on it. Also I want to Foyt punch someone in the face just one more time.
    Thanx
    Justin Lindemann
    Ixonia WI

127. Justin Lindemann on July 13, 2010 12:43 am
    Justin Lindemann

Also I should have spell checked WOW. Guess thats what happens when your son tears half the keys off your keyboard LOL!!

128. Robert Pennington on July 13, 2010 1:04 am
    Robert Pennington

I do love IndyCar. However I WANT TO LOVE IT EVEN MORE which, for decades, I have not been able to do. Since the specifications drifted away from individual design ingenuity toward the spec car of today, the thrill of various designs has been missing. The decisions over time to race cars that are much closer to airplanes than a reasonable version of “run what you brung” has also been disappointing.

There are issues, of course, when abandoning the spec car. However designs and rules certainly need to be closer to allowing individual design ingenuity than the current unsuccessful spec car philosophy.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!! I WOULD APPRECIATE BEING ABLE TO LOVE INDYCAR RACING MUCH MUCH MORE!!!

129. Gab on July 13, 2010 3:06 am
    Gab

I’m pretty sure indycar needs more intense, creative, fearless ideas to make it interesting to the general public. On a category where you only have selected minds, that went through a long way in life, where they just lost the essence, and things get old. It’s nice to have new minds around, and I’d just like to be there.

130. Chris Kaelin on July 13, 2010 3:18 am
    Chris Kaelin

I’d love to make the trip down I-70 from St. Louis to Indy to see the future of IndyCar racing.

Having been a long-time IndyCar fan, I feel that this will be a huge step in the right direction for the series. IndyCar has slowly started to move in the right direction, and hopefully with some new blood in terms of chassis design and engine manufacturers we can see some of the great racing and true innovation we saw in the early 90’s.

131. Jake Goodwin on July 13, 2010 3:42 am
    Jake Goodwin

I would love to attend because I have a very large passion for the sport of Indycar racing. In the future I hope to get my children involved in the sport and would love to be able to tell them that I was there when this was unveiled. It will be a very big day in the history of open wheel racing in America and I would like to witness this first hand.

132. Dr. Jason Roland Seaver on July 13, 2010 4:19 am
    Dr. Jason Roland Seaver

Dear sirs,

Although I live in Huntington, NY, I would very much like to attend your event on Wednesday the 14th as I believe that it will draw a large crowd of curious IndyCar fans, and I find the prospect of that immensely exciting.

As a psychiatrist with over 25 years experience in the field, I would like to make myself available, free of charge, to those in attendance, as I believe many (or perhaps even most?) will be suffering from an advance stage of the disorder ‘acceptare-excrementum’. You see, while I’m sure that your ‘IndyCar car of the future’ will be revealed to be a fantastic, beautiful, technological marvel, because your Series’ fans have had to watch the IndyCar Dallara on track for so many years now, they have come to accept such styling and performance deficiencies as ‘the norm’. Any sudden change from this norm is likely to bring about certain issues that I’m sure you have not yet had cause to consider..

Recent studies have found that individuals affected by the disorder are likely to have developed certain cerebral abnormalities, including atrophy of the hippocampus, the area of the brain responsible for the ability to recall and form new memories. This is a potentially significant problem for IndyCar as when an IndyCar fan, who is likely to be affected by the disorder, is exposed to something new that a layperson might typically exclaim was, in their opinion, “quite remarkable”/”best I’ve ever seen”/”an improvement over [the old one]“, the IndyCar fan will be *unable* to appreciate the new thing, and is likely to even outright reject it for the simple reason that it is not what he is accustomed to, which is all he knows and is willing to accept. Study reports consistently note that a high percentage of attempts to introduce change are met with initial hostility, and eventual abandonment.

Over the last 3 years, my medical colleagues and I have developed a number of techniques and therapies that we believe are successful in stimulating physical repair of the cerebrum and retraining of the patient’s subconscious response-mechanism so that they are able to once again analyze and compare, rather than automatically reject.

If I am not selected to attend the Museum of Art event this Wednesday please don’t hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss the problem I’ve brought to light here.

Sincerely,
    Jason Roland Seaver, MD
    Huntington, NY

133. Chris Kelley on July 13, 2010 6:21 am
    Chris Kelley

I would choose to attend because I, like many other lifetime fans of the 500-Mile International Sweepstakes Race, have waited almost 15 years for the straitjacketing limitations on, or perhaps even full stop of, technology and progress…originally installed in the socialist name of “universal fairness,” an idea stating that no one should be better than anyone else for any reason whatsoever, up to and including merit…to finally be rescinded, and for the original spirit of Carl Graham Fisher’s Speedway to once again reassert its rightful place at the absolute pinnacle of the sport. Toward this end, I am intently interested in what sorts of classically correct worldviews on racing WILL be reapplied, and in turn mixed with newfound approaches that push the concept of what an automobile not only is, but what it is capable of, ever further forward. A cube the size of the palm of my hand that glows a blinding white, and pumps out over 10,000 horsepower? Someday, Virginia…someday…

And if THIS day…at LONG, bloody LAST…is the day when the true path once diverted from, now seemingly so long ago, is at last rekindled, even if only in early mere flickers, in the hearts and minds of a generation for whom “automobile racing” has become a byword for “Dodging The Big One”…then I will rejoice as few have done since the day when the Grand Champion of all American open-wheel motorsports crossed the line first for the fourth time, and etched his name into legend forevermore.

Why do I want to attend? Because…I can at least hope, in these last hours preceding…the OLD DREAM can LIVE AGAIN.

134. Shaun Souers on July 13, 2010 7:42 am
    Shaun Souers

There is no bigger IndyCar fan in the country… just check out my twitter profile (IndySo). I have traveled to Long Beach, Miami, Texas and even as far as Japan to watch IndyCar action, so it make sense to be able to just ride my bike a couple of blocks to IMA to watch the unveiling. Just ask John Lewis. He ranked me as a top 5 national IRL IndyCar fan.

135. Gary J. Blinebury on July 13, 2010 7:50 am
    Gary J. Blinebury

While being able to rattle off every winner of the 500 since 1911 (even a few pole winners for good measure) or having attended 500s off-and-on since 1983 (every one from 1990) might be impressive, the simple fact is that the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (through AAA or USAC) has always made it interesting by “changing things up” or re-interpreting the rules and regulations, even as early as 1912 when rear-view mirrors were outlawed.

The IRL has done a good job in recent weeks of introducing a new engine package which will help to bring back the needed diversity of the series and a combination of chassis will only serve to enhance what us “traditionalists” miss the most – a move, however slight, away from the spec series that has replaced innovation in the last 3 decades.

Whether I am in in attendance or sneak the video-feed at work, I am patiently waiting to see what the ICONIC has come up with and truly hope that it is a wise decision and look forward to supporting the IRL Indycar Series into the next century.

136. Mark Walters on July 13, 2010 8:26 am
    Mark Walters

Twenty-one Indy 500 races and counting! I just recently came across photos of my first 500 race…1990. Seeing that image of Mears, Emo, and Luyendyk one the front row about to take the green flag is something I will never forget. Indycar racing is in my blood. It has been so awesome to see how the partnership with IZOD is changing the face of racing. This next chapter is going to be monumental. I want to be there. I want to witness the next step in the best racing in the world. Rock On IZOD Indy Series….Rock On!!!!

137. Brandon Raftery on July 13, 2010 8:41 am
    Brandon Raftery

Let me first say I like the direction the IZOD Indy Car series is headed! I’m excited to see the next turn in the future of open wheel racing. I’m a lifelong fan and attend many events throughout the year. I’ve always been a supporter of the series but I can honestly say as of late the series just seems to be lacking that tantalizing thrill of the past. I believe the choice of the new car will be the final ingredient that spurs this series to the next level and beyond,and I look forward to being part of that future! I hope to be able to see first hand the new face of Indy Car racing as it’s unveiled to the world. I can already feel the buzz in the air in anticipation of this revelation. I hope to take my excitement from that experience and share it with the future fans of Indy Car racing!

138. Chuck Shuman on July 13, 2010 10:04 am
    Chuck Shuman

I have attended 45 Indy 500 and am an avid Indycar fan. I even moved to Speedway, Indiana so I could live next to IMS. I have 25 guests from all over the country who come to our house on race day. Through this networking, I keep the Indycar “buzz” alive in other States like NC, MD, PA, Ill, GA, FL NM and AZ. Because of my passion for Indycar, I would be an excellent choice to attend the unveiling at IMA tomorrow. I will share my experiences with my friends and help spread the word.

Regards.

139. Alan Van Reed on July 13, 2010 10:17 am
    Alan Van Reed

Tony George & Kevin Kalkoven and brian Barnhart screwed the entire american open wheel public. the series sucks with no name drivers and poorly attended events and TV ….. It needs to be put in its coffin for good with a stake thru its heart

140. arnold edgar on July 13, 2010 10:27 am
    arnold edgar

my family has been involved in the evolution of indy cars since 1957. my father was a indy car mechanic from 1957-1969. then i worked for usac from 1986-1997. i am dissabled now,the last race i attended was 2009. i was offfered a sweet ticket. i am very passionate about indy car racing,and i would love to be there and hope that the “indy car” still looks like an indy car.

141. Mike Sebastian on July 13, 2010 10:38 am
    Mike Sebastian

Because I have remained a loyal fan through the ups and the downs and I believe the future is bright for the Indy car series. I am able to have an appreciation for what makes Indycar as unique as well as Top Fuel Drag racing, F1, and MotoGP. I am a motorsports Renaissance man.

142. Philip Parker on July 13, 2010 11:16 am
    Philip Parker

Well, aside from the fact that there are not really many creative answers…

It should be me, because frankly, it’s about time the drivers, owners and media met me. After all, they’ve all been dreaming about it for a while. While most people dream about meeting their favorite driver, the drivers are actually dreaming about meeting their favorite couch potatoe…they all want to meet that guy who sits on the couch every weekend, and watches intently as they go in circles.
    Plus, they would love hosting me, as it would be my first “live” indycar event.

143. Miles O'toole on July 13, 2010 11:31 am
    Miles O

Because I just want to see it.

144. Allan Wagner on July 13, 2010 12:01 pm
    Allan Wagner

plain and simple, we want change and we want it now. :) viva Izod Indy Car Series

145. Mark Suska on July 13, 2010 12:25 pm
    Mark Suska

I have been the most devoted fan of open-wheel racing since going to Mid-Ohio (circa 1980) and seeing the BIG names race against each other. I want that excitement back into the series again – and this is a pivotal moment in this sports history. I would love to be a part of this moment.

146. Greg Knapp on July 13, 2010 3:12 pm
    Greg Knapp

I like to speed. It takes every ounce of self-disipline that I have to maintain the speed limit. On an open road it is as if maintaining my body’s cellular structure is directly dependent on firm and steady pressure on the skinny pedal. I try everything to obey traffic laws and maintain safe speeds. I buy slow, poorly handling vehicles. I set the cruise control at 30mph. I ask my wife to drive. But, I HAVE to drive fast. I find myself wondering how quickly I can take turns in a mini-van. If I can hit the on-ramp at 70 MPH in a mini-van then certainly I should be able to dive into turn one at 230 MPH, right? Well, it is HIGHLY unlikely that I will ever test my meddle at top speed on the front stretch, but that does not stop open wheel racing from capturing my imagination, my heart, and my soul. So, I will continue to set my mini-van’s cruise control at 30 MPH and let the professionals test the limits of their vehicles, both made for performance and family transport. And I can’t wait to see what the new generation of performance will be!

147. Tony George on July 13, 2010 3:44 pm
    Tony George

i got to get in somehow………

148. Justin Wilkinson on July 13, 2010 4:51 pm
    Justin Wilkinson

I’ll tell you the first time I was ever exposed to IndyCar and why I am so passionate about the series and what it stands for and the continued growth of it. I grew up in an apartment complex less than a mile form the track called Water Gate Apartments. As far as I’m aware, it’s still there. But when I was little, I’d say 6 or 7 me and the neighbor hood kids always liked racing our bikes around the neighborhood and one day, in the month of May, we where racing around the tennis court, pretending it was the the Indy 500, keeping our bikes outside the parameter of the court. We all had our little plastic helmets on and whoever didn’t have a bike that day was the flagman for the rest of us. He just stood there waving the checkers the whole time pretty much. Anywho we where racing around and we noticed a few guys where glancing over from the parking lot and had walked over to where we were. We stopped and one of the men commented on us riding around the court. I don’t remember exactly what he said but it was something to the effect of “you guys should be racin around the real track.” We didn’t really think much of his comment and to be honest where alittle worried about this guy as he was a stranger to us. He then asked if we knew who he was. We didn’t natuarlly. Then he said he was an racecar driver. We where then intrigued to say the least. He offered to autograph our helmets and whatnot. Still not knowing who he was, we didn’t think much of it. But when I went back to my home I told my father about the “racecar driver” and showed him my plastic helmet and he asked me if the guy told me his name after he looked at the autograph and I said no… He knew who it was however. Now he wasn’t much of an IndyCar driver, and actually at that point I think he was freshly retired but still associated with the Speedway or a team but his name was Tom Bigelow. Apparently he had rented an apartment or knew someone who lived in the same apartments as I and would visit during race season. But what I remember the most was that every year I was there he would be back and often watch us race around the same tennis court. He was such a nice guy. Always autographed whatever we wanted and actually the last year that my family and I where there I can remember one of the things that he autographed and I still have to this day. It was a trading card, I forget who made it, but it says on the bottom “Turn 2 Parking.” Apparently when cars couldn’t make it back to the pits they parked in this designated area. Well on the trading card, it had Tom’s car, two others, and the late Scott Brayton as the fourth. But Tom had given that card to me and from the point that I meet him I have always been a huge IndyCar fan just based on his persona and what I thought every racecar was like according to the way he was; nice, generous, and just a good guy… I’ve always followed IndyCar since then and have loved it through the tough times. I make it a point to make it out to the track at least once every year (I can’t usually afford a ticket every year so practice or qualifying does just fine for me). And to tell you the truth, I still get goose bumps every year when I hear that first IndyCar go zipping by as I sit in the stands. It’s the best sound I’ve every heard and that I will probably ever hear… Well aside from the first moment I hear my new born screaming at me haha. But I do cherish the moments that I have been around the track with my family friends and just other racing fans in general and I know I would cherish the moment of seeing IndyCar taking it’s next step forward into the future for sure.

149. Stew Padasso on July 13, 2010 5:55 pm
    Stew Padasso

If they choose to go with the Delta Wing Concept, I will kill myself!

150. SteveO on July 13, 2010 6:34 pm
    SteveO

I personally admire what Tony George did with the IRL to save his families race track. But finally some movement on chassis and engines to once again make Indy car racing the innovative sport! I would love to witness history being made in conjunction with the evolution of INDY CAR.

151. Thomas Beaudry on July 13, 2010 6:54 pm
    Thomas Beaudry

I love Indy Car racing, and have been at a majority of the races, as a crew member, and as a fan for the last 30 years. I went to my first Indy 500 at the age of 6 ( in 1970), and have not missed one since. I would like to be there to see what I have to look forward to for the next 30 years.

P. S. Real racecars dont have doors!!!!!

152. The Evolution Of The IndyCar « Oilpressure on July 14, 2010 5:10 am
    The Evolution Of The IndyCar « Oilpressure

[...] ICONIC board and the folks in the IZOD IndyCar PR department have acknowledged (with the help of this excellent poster), the appearance of IndyCars has changed quite a bit, in the long view. However, with a few notable [...]

153. car on July 23, 2010 2:18 am
    car

i want to except you my comment.

154. new car on July 23, 2010 4:26 am
    new car

each provide an impressive display are a new car.And happened in your new car company.

155. Christiana Redditt on November 29, 2010 9:03 pm
    Christiana Redditt

Hi, first of all, I would like to let you know that I think it’s a superb blog you have got here. What I wanted to ask is, I haven’t find out the way to add your site feed in my feed reader – where is the link for the RSS? Thanks

156. Daniel on November 29, 2010 9:09 pm
    Daniel

You can find the feed in the top right section of the blog, in the Follow Us area.Thanks for reading!

157. Shira Mccaine on April 16, 2011 1:22 pm
    Shira Mccaine

I have bookmarked http://blog.indycar.com/2010/07/09/new-car-announcement-and-you at Stumbleupon.com so my friends can see it as well. I simply used New Car announcement and YOU | The Official Blog of the IZOD IndyCar Series as the link title in my post,I figured it would be a great way to spread the word about this awesome post. Please email me back at Hollingsworth3221@gmail.com if there is anything more I can do to help.