WOW

Posted on: July 13, 2010 | Comments(13) | Fans | By: Daniel

On Friday we posted an opportunity for fans to attend to the new car announcement, tomorrow at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. A few hours later, we had over 50 comments. As of right now, we have 138 comments. That’s incredible. You’re incredible.

We’re sending out e-mails to fans today, btw. We hope to see a lot of you tomorrow. If you’re not in the Indy area or can’t attend tomorrow, you can watch live streaming video of this big occasion on IndyCar.com. The event starts at 12:30 pm ET.

A lot of us at IndyCar have thoroughly enjoyed your comments. It’s reinforced your status as passionate, educated and loyal fans. We’ve loved your comments. We’ve laughed. We’ve forwarded them onto friends and co-workers. It’s been a blast to read them. So a big thank you to everyone.

Here are some of the memorable one’s:

“For the last 35 years just about every decision I’ve made has revolved around Indy car racing. Every vacation day was used on a race weekend. All financial decisions were made so I’d have enough money for the next race. I’ve watched the old change into the new without missing a beat.”

“Our son’s named Indy….fans?? Hell yes!”

“I have been to IMS every since 1965 when I attended my first pole day! I am very excited at the direction that IndyCar is heading … and the new car design will be a huge step in accomplishing the long term goal of returning the excitement of IndyCar racing to prominense in the eyes of everyone!!”

“I want to go because…..I BLEED ETHANOL!!!!!”

“I have not missed a race since 72. I have dogs named rutherford and ruby.”

“When does the IMA lot open? Do they have any rules against tailgating? I will be the bald guy in a bowling shirt cooking brats and trying to update my twitter account whilst not dropping my phone onto the coals.”

“I can’t think of a single reason to attend. The IRL is a failed “Vision”. A new car is simply a fresh coat of paint on an outhouse. In the end, it still stinks…” (OUCH)

“The Top Ten Reasons You Should Pick Me:
10. I was conceived in the Snake Pit” (YOU CAN GO TO THE COMMENT FIELD TO READ THE REST :) )

“I have absolutely nothing to do on Wednesday and I will even promise to dress nice.”

“ICONIC
Innovative, ( I came up with a clever way to comment)
Competitive, (My plan is to win a ticket to the confrence)
Open-Wheel, (I could ride my motorcycle, no fenders)
New, (I will walk through the new 100 acre exhibit )
Industry-Relevant, (I am a consumer, Male 34 years old)
Cost-Effective, (the ticket may be free but the experience would be Priceless!)”

“My wish was for my daughter’s wedding was a black and white checkered carpet runner, and to wave little checkered flags when they left the church. (didn’t happen).”

“I have two pets, one is named Indy, and the other is named Danica (Believe me she has the attitude to match!).”

And there are 100’s more. Thank you again for taking time to tell us what you think. Here’s to a good day tomorrow.

Comments

1. Leslie on July 13, 2010 11:25 am
    Leslie

Sounds like the first person really means it, however, it’s hard overlook a good acronym.

2. Matt on July 13, 2010 2:35 pm
    Matt

Thanks for sending me the invite. I will be there! Waited years for this.

3. jeff perry on July 13, 2010 2:39 pm
    jeff perry

Can’t wait to see the show! I’ve got $5 that says the artwork in the bathrooms at IMS is more “colorful” than that at IMA.

4. Mike Johnson on July 13, 2010 3:31 pm
    Mike Johnson

I so wish I could be there, but I live in Georgia. I’ll be watching online with baited breath! I think with Mr. Bernard calling the shots, IndyCar is headed straight to the top!!!

5. Nathaniel Massy on July 13, 2010 4:09 pm
    Nathaniel Massy

Is this a formal event or can I just wear my IZOD IndyCar t shirt???

6. Richardnicklaus on July 13, 2010 7:58 pm
    Richardnicklaus

There are many things in life that you know you want to do. Those usually become goals. The there are things in life that you know you would like to do. Those are the things you usually watch others do. The there are the things you have no control over and you absolutely know you have to do them in order to live. Eat, breath and attend an Indy Car design unavailing are essentials for life.

7. ttomkat on July 13, 2010 9:01 pm
    ttomkat

I love the comment about the pet named Danica!!! I have a cat like that too.
    I wish I could attend but love 400 away. I WILL be going to more IndyCar races This year than last and hope to go to even more next year.

8. car on July 23, 2010 2:24 am
    car

Play the best online car games at playfg.com, we have 28 car flash games that you can play in full screen, download to your pc or embed to your profile/page. All car games are listed in order of rating they received. Just leave all your work and enjoy our full screen car games

9. car on July 23, 2010 2:25 am
    car

this car are very nice and very fast car

10. car on July 23, 2010 2:28 am
    car

this car are fast car and very nice car.[url="http://blog.indycar.com"]car]/url]

11. Gaynell Israels on January 19, 2011 11:08 pm
    Gaynell Israels

I gotta favorite this internet site it seems very helpful extremely helpful

12. Grzegorz on July 4, 2011 2:48 pm
    Grzegorz

Very nice and clear blog, shame that previously did not know about it.

13. ac repair in madison on January 5, 2012 2:08 am
    ac repair in madison

I already have a college degree so I don’t need the credit. I don’t want to pay a ton of money for it, but I do want an actual class with actual assignments. And that’s creative writing as in FICTION. Thanks for your help. A class on the Northside would be great..