Hand Drawn Car Design!

Posted on: September 2, 2010 | Comments(7) | 2012 Chassis Designs, Fans | By: Jarrod

New Car Design by Takanori Watanabe from Japan! First hand drawn submission:

Takanori Watanabe 2012 Design, #3

Side view

Takanori Watanabe 2012 Design, #2

Overhead Shot

Takanori Watanabe 2012 Design, #1

Close-up

Take a look at more chassis designs here.

What do you think?

{Admin Note} With all of the excitement——and questions around the Future IndyCar Concept Announcement. We at IndyCar.com thought we’d enlist our users to have fun with the open design concept that the 2012 IndyCarchassis will endorse.  For more information please visit the www.indycar.com/2012 page for interviews, car information and of course…the details on how you can design your own concept.

Comments

1. eastofeastside on September 3, 2010 11:43 pm
    eastofeastside

Takanori, nice job!

Overhead profile is exactly what actual final 2012 indy car should look like. Mass reduction of side pods and rear bodywork is right on target.

2. Zibit on September 5, 2010 2:50 pm
    Zibit

Looks like the bat mobile, only colorful. And what is the “hump” on the front nose? The driver can’t even see the road. The “Entertainment visual effect” is a joke too.

Is the irl the wwf of racing?

3. Hmkls on September 7, 2010 5:52 am
    Hmkls

Good design, they do need to something on the front of the car to protect the driver, vision might be a bit tricky though with the refection and refraction of light. Zibit clearly understands nothing about IZOD IndyCar Series, ignore his comments.

4. iKingston on September 7, 2010 2:35 pm
    iKingston

I like the design, but I am not sure what the purpose of the fender looking thing on the affixed to the lower suspension arms.

I like the “windshield” idea, however I do agree with Hmkls. I think something like that directly in the drivers line of site would cause more harm than good.

5. Noam Design Comapny NY on October 24, 2012 4:00 pm
    Noam Design Comapny NY

Excellent beat ! I wіsh to apprentice ωhile yοu amend уour ωebsite,
    how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account
    аided me а аccеptable deal. I hаd bееn a lіttlе bit
    acquaintеd of this your broadcast proνiԁed bright clear
    сοncept

6. Find out info regarding get rid of bed bugs on April 23, 2013 3:08 pm
    Find out info regarding get rid of bed bugs

Awesome blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download
    it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple adjustements would really
    make my blog shine. Please let me know where you got your theme.
    Thanks

7. jobs on March 24, 2014 11:05 pm
    jobs

It’s remarkable in favor of me to have a website, which is beneficial
    in support of my know-how. thanks admin