Friday is finally here and rather than work all day long, we thought fans would rather talk about racing. Fortunately for us, so did our friends over at Just Pop In! The Official Gourmet Popcorn of the IZOD IndyCar Series.

In time for the quickly-approaching holidays, Just Pop In! decided to give away a prize pack to the fan with the best post comment below that shares a favorite moment from the 2010 season IZOD IndyCar Series season.

To makes things more interesting, the folks from Just Pop In! and the IZOD IndyCar Series will be monitoring your comments all day to share some of the best and most entertaining moments of the 2010 season on Twitter @IndyCar and @JustPopInOnline and at Facebook.com/IndyCarSeries and Facebook.com/justpopin.

CONTEST OVER– Congratulations to our winner, Sean, who will receive a holiday prize pack from Just Pop In! The Official Gourmet Popcorn of the IZOD IndyCar Series. Check out his comment below on the 2010 St. Pete race…

Just Pop In! The Official Gourmet Popcorn of the IZOD IndyCar Series

Just Pop In! The Official Gourmet Popcorn of the IZOD IndyCar Series

Comments

1. andrea pearson on December 17, 2010 9:06 am
    andrea pearson

i finally got to take my six year old to his first indy 500! he is a fanatic! i’ve been going every year since 1977 and it was a moment i’ve been waiting for since before i HAD kids! he knows every team, every driver, every rule, every sponsor. can’t wait for next May!

2. Joe Zirkelbach on December 17, 2010 9:09 am
    Joe Zirkelbach

How can someone come up with just one? The last three races leading to the championship we my moment. It is a shame the fuel and a wall tap ended it for Will, but that is how racing goes.

3. Patti Kurtz on December 17, 2010 9:10 am
    Patti Kurtz

My favorite memory was getting to go back to the Izod Indy car race at Mid Ohio. The weather was perfect, the race was exciting and my husband got a good look at Danica (grin). Me, I was enjoying other scenery. But we both had fun.

4. Andrew Cutler on December 17, 2010 9:15 am
    Andrew Cutler

I would have to say that it was the roughly three early morning hours that I spent standing (actually, sitting) in line for the driver autograph session on the Saturday before the 500, sharing stories with the other fans about our many race experinces, the things that draw us to this sport and our hopes for 2012 & beyond.

5. Darlene Varljen on December 17, 2010 9:17 am
    Darlene Varljen

This summer was my first trip to see the IRL races live. Ive been a fan ( Tony Kanaan ) for years!!! Indulged in the awesome practice sessions, concerts and whole IRL atmosphere both Carb Day and the 500! Ive been to the Brickyard and Chevy Day a couple times, but it was really a spectacle to take my 12 yr. old daughter and my husband to see the IRL! ( my daughter fell in love with Marco Andretti!)

6. Tyler Tucker on December 17, 2010 9:18 am
    Tyler Tucker

My favorite memory of the 2010 season had to be Indy. Sitting outside of turn 4 and watching Tony Kanaan charge from 33rd all the way up to 2nd was awesome. When I heard the announcers say TK was coming, the crowd erupted in cheers. With the month TK had; to go from wrecking two cars in practice and driving up to 2nd, it was terrific to watch.

7. Oilpressure on December 17, 2010 9:24 am
    Oilpressure

I have been a fan of Donald Davidson for more years than I can count. A couple of years ago, he and I had a chance meeting, just long enough to get my picture made with him. At Indy this past May, I was introduced to him officially and was able to have about a fifteen minute conversation with him, chatting about history and each other. That will be hard to top – ever!

8. tiffany ard on December 17, 2010 9:25 am
    tiffany ard

I have never been to any Indy Races, I know it’s so sad :-( , i live nowhere near it so i don’t get the chance to go. But i stay glued to the TV watching! Bring in more Women Racers! For the ladies like me! Love you guys!

9. Richard Ferguson on December 17, 2010 9:44 am
    Richard Ferguson

My best memory of the last season was seeing helio going ape s*@$ on a security guard 5 times his size. What made it better is when said security guard smiled at him and had to be thinking…calm down little man or ill break you like a twig. Classic!!!!!

10. Richard Ferguson on December 17, 2010 9:47 am
    Richard Ferguson

Not trying to clog the airwaves here but seeing Arie Luyendyk walk around the gift shops at IMS was pretty cool too. He was always willing to stop and chat and take a picture with me. True class act and great ambassador for the sport.

11. Lesley on December 17, 2010 10:17 am
    Lesley

Just wanted to say that the best was the free Friday that the Toronto Indy put on….it allowed me to take people that have never been before , they loved it soooo much we have now got 4 more fans and they can’t wait for the 2011 Toronto Indy race!!!! ( me either) free day or not I WILL be there!!!

12. MommyMagpie on December 17, 2010 10:23 am
    MommyMagpie

My best moment was when my kids and I had gone through the gates at the track, taking them up to the catchfence and seeing the look on their faces as they saw the Pagoda, the track and the Yard of Bricks up close for the first time. Brought tears to my eyes; can’t wait to take them back!

13. Lisa Swiontek on December 17, 2010 11:12 am
    Lisa Swiontek

Hands down best memory from 2010 was the return of Ed Carpenter behind the wheel…specifically taking the poll at Kentucky and competing for his 2nd place finish. We picked up and drove to Kentucky to be there for it.

14. Breanna on December 17, 2010 12:22 pm
    Breanna

I have a few from this year. I worked at the Pogoda, so race day is always fun and the people you meet and see are amazing. The Saturday before race day i met Mario Andretti and Bryan Herta. They were amazing. One race day, right before the start of the race, Mario walked by and signed autographs for people. He looked at me and was like “Hello there. Nice to see you two days in a row”(greatest moment of my life)
    After the race, im at the back gate of the pogoda, right next to the green room. And after the race Dario Franchitti and Ashley Judd walked by. I congratulated both of them and Ashley gave me a hug. :D
    Anther great memories from that day. Seeing all the drivers, hi-five most of them before the race. And all the celebrities. 2010 Indy 500 race day was absolutely my favorite race day thus far!

15. Steve Evans on December 17, 2010 12:29 pm
    Steve Evans

My hands down most awesome moment of the 2010 IZOD IndyCar Series took place in Long Beach CA. As the race was winding down and it appeared that Ryan Hunter-Reay was going to be the victor, I was able to sneak into victory lane and celebrate with the fine people from Van Heusen and Andretti Autosport. I was able to get some incredible pictures as well as getting a team hat while being all mixed in with the winning team. This was just a bonus to winning a ride with the Indy Racing Experience from the fine people at Victorinox Swiss Army North America. My best weekend of the year.

16. David C. on December 17, 2010 12:46 pm
    David C.

For the 2010 season, my favorite memory was being 20 feet from T.K. as he exited his car after *finally* qualifying for the 500. You could see his eyes and his body language of complete relief. He is unquestionably a champion’s champion. He’s always revered IMS each time, but in his voice and mannerisms in those moments immediately afterwards, there was pure, unfiltered emotion and passion. That … is what makes IMS and INDYCAR so special to me.

17. Sean26 on December 17, 2010 12:47 pm
    Sean26

My best memory was waiting in the parking garage at st pete all day sunday for the rain to stop, although the race was postponed until monday I got to meet a lot of crew members and many of the drivers as well, and saw a hell of a race monday morning

18. Ingrid on December 17, 2010 1:04 pm
    Ingrid

My favorite part of the season, was seeing Sarah Fisher’s team expand – taking on a second driver and more races. It’s always great to see a driver come from behind the wheel and handle a team with grace and humility. I look forward to see what SFR brings to the the track in 2011.

19. Erik Deckers on December 17, 2010 2:27 pm
    Erik Deckers

My favorite moment was when I got to interview Bertrand Baguette for my blog. I recorded the video and put it on YouTube and my blog, and it’s one of the most-viewed videos on my YouTube account. I thought Bertrand was a great person to tak to, and he was very gracious in going along with the premise of my interview (“everyone’s making a big deal about the fact that there are 4 women driving this year, but there’s only one Belgian.”)

20. Keith Waye on December 17, 2010 2:43 pm
    Keith Waye

My 1st 500 was in 1975 went till 1998, starting going again in 2006. What Is fun about race day is getting at the track just as it opens and watch it come to life with people. Walking around the tack before going to our seats and getting a few drivers autographs. It just fun and can’t wait for the 2011 500.

21. Steven Collins on December 17, 2010 2:50 pm
    Steven Collins

1992, Indianapolis 500. This was the first IndyCar race my wife and I attended.

We had seats in the inside Turn 4 stands. I had never really expected to go to Indy. When the cars came thundering out of the corner headed for the green flag to start the race it choked me up. I almost couldn’t believe I was really seeing it.

It was miserable sitting in the stands with the cold temps and watching the cars hit the wall in front of us because of the cold tires was no joy, but it was worth every bit a misery to be at the race.

I had always said that if I ever got to Indy I’d like to see the kind of finish we’d watched on TV in 1982 when Johncock won. As anyone who remembers that race can tell, I got my wish in spades. As Unser and Goodyear came tearing past us on the final lap the stands erupted with yelling and screaming. It was impossible to hear our radio and tell who won. It was probably at least a minute before we were finally able to find out the finish order. What a great day to have been at Indy.

Just saw that this was supposed to be about the past season. I guess the best moment was seeing Helio lose his cool about the Edmonton race. No, it wasn’t what we expect to see from him, but I thought more than all the glib interviews we see with him it showed his passion for his racing.

22. Walter Racing on December 17, 2010 3:07 pm
    Walter Racing

Four wide at Texas, and wheel to wheel racing lap after lap after lap! I was like popcorn myself, repeatedly jumping off the couch like a fresh kernel taking on new form!

23. Austin ERlewine on December 17, 2010 3:12 pm
    Austin ERlewine

Favorite memory? Franchitti. I’ve never really been a Target Chip Ganassi Racing fan, due to the fact that when I started watching the team, Eddie Cheever was driving for them, and I really don’t like him at all (this was about ‘90 or ‘91), and I’ve been a fan of Team Penske since the days of Mears, Emmo, and Little Al (with this young guy named Tracy coming in).

But I’ve watched Dario since his days with Team Kool Green, and he is VERY deserving of the title. He’s eloquent, a gentleman, and respectful of other drivers. I loved the fight between him and Power for the title this year, but when you’ve watched a guy for his entire career and saw him develop as a driver, you have to give him the props he deserves.

I was glad to see him in the winner’s circle at season’s end.

24. Linda Hendricks on December 17, 2010 3:14 pm
    Linda Hendricks

Best moment of the 2010 IndyCar season…meeting Helio at a signing in Costa Mesa, CA a couple days before the Long Beach race. We were told we could only have him sign one item, I didn’t listen. I had with me my Indy 500 tickets that had his winning pictures on them and the latest one from his 2009 win. So when I finally got up to him I placed all three in front of him and a lady working working the event said “One item only.” Helio told me not to listen to her and he picked up the 2010 ticket and said “Wow, this is the first one I’ve seen!” Even if it wasn’t true it was such a sweet thing to say! He signed all three tickets for me and thanked me for bringing them in! I was thrilled and still am!

25. Kevin kubina on December 17, 2010 3:22 pm
    Kevin kubina

It has to be my family’s first trip to the Indy 500.
    It was just a perfect weekend!

26. Angela on December 17, 2010 4:24 pm
    Angela

My favorite and least favorite moment of the seasons is the same-Tony’s qualifying laps at Indy. I have been a loyal fan of Tony’s for several years and like to think that after Leo I am his biggest fan. The thought of him not making the field crossed my mind for only a moment, but it was a scary moment. With all the emotions team #11 went thru, I couldn’t help but shed tears of joy on Tony’s final qualifying lap.

27. Camille Jones on December 17, 2010 4:36 pm
    Camille Jones

My favorite and best memory of the 2010 season, was making it all year without missing a race. Even when St. Pete was rained out, and the race was postponed until Monday when I was in class, I hauled my laptop with me and begged the teacher to let me watch it live on my computer… She did, and it kept my streak of not missing a single race going, and I hope to keep this streak going through next season! Best season yet!

28. Brenda on December 17, 2010 5:33 pm
    Brenda

My best moment had to be the whole Sonoma weekend and meeting some if my favorite drivers in person, great fans and getting to walk through the garage. I can’t even pick a fave moment of the weekend, my first live indy race, but if I had to, it would probably be meeting Helio, Ryan and Will at the Verizon store for an autograph session. They were nice and funny and treated me as if we knew each other. And I git to have my pic taken with the three of them. It was very special for me and can’t wait to head back there next year.

29. Paul Giannamore on December 17, 2010 5:47 pm
    Paul Giannamore

I once enjoyed a literal one-on-one luncheon with Emerson Fittipaldi and, I still can’t believe this, Mario Andretti, during a press event at Mid-Ohio during an early 1990s practice session for Penske and Newman-Haas. For whatever reason, I was the only interviewer sitting down with these guys. I still have the tape of the interview, with Fittipaldi in mid-answer to one of my questions, when Mario walks up behind him and says, “Speak English, why don’ ya?” And Fittipaldi says, “I speak good English, don’t I Paulie? Paulie likes my English. Sometimes, you don’ speak too good yourself, Mario.” Great racers in a moment of just being regular guys. Loved it.

30. Jeff Rudolph on December 17, 2010 5:53 pm
    Jeff Rudolph

My wife and I where at Indy for qualifying. I was standing along the fence by the pits, just off the brick. taking some photos of the drivers and their cars after they completed qualifying , when my wife said did you see Danica, she just walked by. I’m 6′ tall and had a camera up to my face, Danica walked right in front of me and I never viewed her in my camera view finder. Now I’m not saying she short, but I had to laugh. I had been waiting all morning to get a photo of her, and I missed my shot right under my nose.

31. Mike Chute on December 17, 2010 6:01 pm
    Mike Chute

my favorite has to be when TK qualified for the 2010 Indy 500, that was exciting and gut-wrenching… I was on the edge of my seat..

32. Julie (jactcg) on December 17, 2010 6:22 pm
    Julie (jactcg)

The first year I met Helio. It was 2008. I am disabled, in a wheelchair, and I have always loved watching Indycar, especially Helio, my all-time favorite driver. My husband and I had the great luck of being given garage passes for the day so we were beyond thrilled to walk around behind the scenes. We waited by the Penske garages all day, even in the rain, hoping he would come out and say hello. Of course we weren’t the only ones. However it was worth the wait. He came out, saw me and asked my husband to push me up into the garage out of the rain and cold. My heart was beating so quickly, I could hardly speak. We got pictures and autographs, and he was so amazing. We now buy garage passes every year and always stop in to say hello. He even recognizes us now I think.

33. グッチ 財布 on June 27, 2013 9:50 pm
    グッチ 財布

等しいレプリカのバッグする必要があります付属ブラウザカードとマーク完全にeplicateに?デザイナーバッグで苦しむ。チェックボタンで、プレート、ブランド彫刻とその他の機能。

34. forte suites on July 17, 2013 10:29 am
    forte suites

Hey! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so
    I came to take a look. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m book-marking and will be
    tweeting this to my followers! Fantastic blog and wonderful design.

35. estate planning on July 19, 2013 1:45 am
    estate planning

Hello, i feel that i noticed you visited my web site so
    i came to go back the favor?.I am attempting to
    in finding things to enhance my site!I suppose its good enough to make use
    of some of your concepts!!

36. Gay Dating on November 28, 2013 10:01 am
    Gay Dating

hi!,I like your writing so a lot! percentage we be in contact more
    about your article on AOL? I require an expert in this area to resolve my problem.
    May be that’s you! Having a look forward to look you.

Feel free to surf to my web site; Gay Dating