Well, the season is here, congratulations, you made it. It’s time for racing. It’s time for racing updates. It’s time for lots and lots of racing video content.
Back in January, we pitched a new video series to you – something we called 11 in 11. It was a simple premise. We would gather 11 of our favorite fan submitted questions and ask as many drivers during the 2011 season. 11 in 11, get it?
You responded with lots of suggestions, lots of questions. You left comments on our blog. You tweeted at us, you wrote on our Facebook wall. As always, you surprised us with your passion and enthusiasm for the sport.
Today we’re bringing you the first video in this series, featuring Target Chip Ganassi Driver, Scott Dixon.
What were the questions we ended up with? Here’s the general outline:
• Which race are you looking forward to this year and why?
• Talk about circuit layouts— what makes for a challenging course?
• Talk about the 100th anniversary of the Indy 500 and what it means….
• From Paige: If you were a cartoon character, who would you want to be?
• From Ken (possibly in Idaho): What retired Indycar driver do you respect/admire the most, and why?
• From Gina: which type of track do you prefer- ovals or road courses and why?
• From Neil: What is your biggest challenge now that you’ve made it to the pinnacle of racing?
• From Canada: what’s the best prank each driver has played on other drivers/crew members?
• From Joe: What are you most looking forward to in 2012 with the new car and engine?
• From Susan: Tell us about the first race that you won (no matter how old you were, what type of race it was) and how it made you feel.
• Megan wants to know: Everyone wants to win the Indy 500. After that what is the race you would most like to win?
And finally – here is the video. Enjoy. Lots more to follow throughout the season.