We’re asking fans to help decide which web writers will rep best at this year’s Virtual Indy 500 competition (Read more about the competition here). Any web writer ready to stake their claim will be put in front of our esteemed panel of sharp, clever, witty and good-looking judges (A.K.A. – you!).

So take a look at this entrant and leave your comments and likes here or hit us @INDYCAR with a tweet if you think OpenPaddock will provide fans with the best Virtual Indy 500 coverage this May and keep your eyes peeled for information on how fans can win a seat to race against up to three INDYCAR drivers at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway next month!

OpenPaddock | WebsiteFacebook Twitter | Flickr “Motorsports Commentary for Fans, by Fans.”

OpenPaddock.net is a website built by fans for fans of motorsports. What makes our site unique is the coverage we give to each facet of racing. So whether you are a fan of INDYCAR, rally, formula or sports car racing, you can get your fill and meet great fans just like you who have a genuine passion for racing. Who knows, you may begin watching a new series and learning even more about one that you currently follow!

Created by Shaun Pechin and Mike Whitesell in February of 2009, the site has expanded in the couple years since its inception. Shaun focuses his efforts on the IZOD IndyCar Series, Rally America and the World Rally Championship. Mike also focuses on the IZOD IndyCar series while also writing on Formula 1. The third addition to the crew was our chief photographer Doug Patterson. While away from the track, he also gives full coverage to the Mazda Road to Indy program and the Firestone Indy Lights series. Ken Poe is the man behind Le Mans and the American Lemans Series coverage. A passionate sports car fan, Ken brings unique insight into the world of class endurance racing. Spike Rogan offers a weekly INDYCAR column and fantasy racing insights, while Kristi Welch serves as our fan ambassador providing fan guides to each IZOD IndyCar Series race event.

OpenPaddock is also partnered with IndyCar Garage, and works extensively with INDYCAR’s official fan club, INDYCAR Nation. Both avenues allow OpenPaddock to connect with fans of the series and allows for the open exchange of ideas and opinion. OpenPaddock also allows for fans to submit their own opinion-driven editorials to be published on the site for the world to read. Have an opinion on a hot topic? Submit an OP-ed segment for the world to read!

There are many awesome plans coming together for OpenPaddock.net and we want you to be here for the evolution of this site and us as fans. We want to genuinely thank you for stopping by and hope you will tell your friends about us. The only thing we ask here at this site is that you keep the posts clean of derogatory language and treat everybody as a person. There are a number of sites on the web today that belittle those with an opinion and we want to be a safe haven where all can participate in an online community populated by sound, reasoned, passionate and courteous motorsports fans.

Comments

1. Dave Mc on May 2, 2011 3:18 pm
    Dave Mc

No. It’s Monday and they don’t even have an article for Sao Paulo qualifying.
    Reps should be a little more on the cutting edge.

2. April on May 2, 2011 4:07 pm
    April

Yes vote from me! Good luck!

3. J.Cook on May 2, 2011 4:56 pm
    J.Cook

OpenPaddock.net website is the best in the motorsport world. Factual realism is communicated in the blogs. IMHO

4. Biff on May 2, 2011 8:41 pm
    Biff

If I want the results from the INDYCAR race I go to IndyCar.com, but if I want insight for the fans on more than just results, I go to Open Paddock. They should have all their writers at the Indy 500 covering the event.

Only Open Paddock was at the HVM announcement in Baltimore. Where was all the other big “cutting edge” bloggers?

5. Tab on May 3, 2011 7:57 am
    Tab

Open Paddock has the best coverage of Indy Car & the Mazda Road to Indy. It’s the only podcast & site that I try to keep up with! Choose OpenPaddock.net!!!

6. CurlingRacer on May 3, 2011 10:35 am
    CurlingRacer

I will vote for Open Paddock and Shaun Pechin driving in the virtual iRacing 500. The passion that the guys and Kristi have for our sport is fantastic. As a fellow iRacer, I hope to get the fan spot in the race since my blog is not worthy to even be considered in this group. Then we’ll have some fun!!

7. Artis Leeroy on May 3, 2011 11:23 am
    Artis Leeroy

Openpaddock.net is the only motorsports website I even look at.

8. Artis Leeroy on May 3, 2011 11:24 am
    Artis Leeroy

Yes!! They are awesome. The only site I look at for news pertaining to you kids and your fancy cars.

9. Steven Martinez on May 3, 2011 11:53 am
    Steven Martinez

Yes! Of all the sites out there, OpenPaddock.net is my favorite. The podcast is very entertaining, I enjoy listening to Shaun and Mike discuss various facets of racing.

Though I don’t contribute to the site in comments, I felt now would be a great time to say Thanks Openpaddock crew, you guys are GREAT!

10. Rev_bsmcswil on May 3, 2011 4:13 pm
    Rev_bsmcswil

Sure. Yes…OpenPaddock should be a rep.

11. Tom on May 3, 2011 5:32 pm
    Tom

OpenPaddock gets my vote – didn’t know much about the sport till this site came along. Thanks guys.

12. Shaqueatha on May 4, 2011 11:13 am
    Shaqueatha

I vote for openpaddock.net!!!! :)

13. Dave Wright on May 10, 2011 1:36 pm
    Dave Wright

I vote for Shaun and Open Paddock. If I could vote twice I would!!

14. Doug on May 10, 2011 8:03 pm
    Doug

Is it cheating if I vote for Shaun? After working with him for the past two years at OpenPaddock, I can tell you that he has a definite passion for motorsports and for the fans that support it. He’s also a demon on the iRacing track!