2011 marks the second season of IndyCar racing for Ana Beatriz. She is a regular driver for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing and her Brazilian sponsor, Ipiranga, hasn’t let her down.
Ana was kind enough to answer 11 fan questions during this 2011 season and, ironically enough, following her 11th IZOD IndyCar Series start. Ana wanted to send a little shout out to the fans and thank them for cheering her on:
“Thanks, fans for all of your support this season – keep those tweets and messages of support coming. Enjoy my 11 in ’11 video and thanks for submitting fan questions for this video series, it’s been fun learning about all the other drivers through these videos.”
Continue to support Ana by following her on Twitter, @BiaRacing, and check out her driver history on IndyCar.com. See her 11 in ‘11 video below.
This season has been an exciting one for Graham Rahal. He is now a part of a new team, Service Central Chip Ganassi Racing. He is also currently 7th in the point standings and recently finished third in the Indianapolis 500.
Graham loves his social media. He’s an avid tweeter and has even been spotted at racetracks with his iPad. He is also the latest driver to be featured in our 11 in ‘11 video blog series on YouTube.
Graham took the time to answer 11 fan submitted questions during the 2011 IndyCar season. Get it? 11 in ‘11? Graham answers questions involving his race experiences, the 100th anniversary Indy 500, and even cartoon characters.
Check out the video below and continue to look for 11 in ‘11 videos for the rest of the 2011 season.
Charlie Kimball – 11 in 11Charlie Kimball has joined the IZOD IndyCar Series for the 2011 season and before he ever turned a lap he was setting records. Having been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in 2007, he is the first IZOD IndyCar Series competitor to have driven with the disease.
Charlie uses a complex set of tools and rigid self-discipline to maintain his edge as a competitor. We were lucky enough to catch up with Charlie at Barber Motorsports Park for a few minutes and asked him questions submitted by you, the fans. Sit back, enjoy the video, and get to know one of the young, up and coming stars of the IZOD IndyCar Series.
Well, the season is here, congratulations, you made it. It’s time for racing. It’s time for racing updates. It’s time for lots and lots of racing video content.
Back in January, we pitched a new video series to you – something we called 11 in 11. It was a simple premise. We would gather 11 of our favorite fan submitted questions and ask as many drivers during the 2011 season. 11 in 11, get it?
You responded with lots of suggestions, lots of questions. You left comments on our blog. You tweeted at us, you wrote on our Facebook wall. As always, you surprised us with your passion and enthusiasm for the sport.
Today we’re bringing you the first video in this series, featuring Target Chip Ganassi Driver, Scott Dixon.
Scott Dixon posing during an IZOD shoot
What were the questions we ended up with? Here’s the general outline:
• Which race are you looking forward to this year and why?
• Talk about circuit layouts— what makes for a challenging course?
• Talk about the 100th anniversary of the Indy 500 and what it means….
• From Paige: If you were a cartoon character, who would you want to be?
• From Ken (possibly in Idaho): What retired Indycar driver do you respect/admire the most, and why?
• From Gina: which type of track do you prefer- ovals or road courses and why?
• From Neil: What is your biggest challenge now that you’ve made it to the pinnacle of racing?
• From Canada: what’s the best prank each driver has played on other drivers/crew members?
• From Joe: What are you most looking forward to in 2012 with the new car and engine?
• From Susan: Tell us about the first race that you won (no matter how old you were, what type of race it was) and how it made you feel.
• Megan wants to know: Everyone wants to win the Indy 500. After that what is the race you would most like to win?
And finally – here is the video. Enjoy. Lots more to follow throughout the season.